VOGONS

Pentium MMX-233 DOS gamer dream machine.

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 81, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is something off about his/her/their threads, but that's food for another, non-hardware related forum. With all the hardware OP claims to have stashed in a garage somewhere in the Cali desert, you'd think OP knows the difference between P5/P54 and wouldn't recommend a P5 to anyone as the ultimate Dos machine.

Anyway, human social interactions aside, I have one working S4 board which I restored with a new Dallas, and I like it because of the innovation involved in launching a new technology. But it's hardly recommended as a daily retro system, and on top of that they are quite rare. Glad to have one and glad not to have to use it 😀

Reply 81 of 81, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AppleSauce wrote on 2022-05-28, 02:35:
appiah4 wrote on 2022-05-27, 11:17:

DOS and Win3x allow the user to tamper with the OS in ways that can brick a device, that is terrible OS design. iOS knows you for the total moron you are and sets it all up in a foolproof way. iOS is the way all computers was suppose to run.

iOS is precisely terrible because it treats the user like a moron and won't let them modify or touch anything and therefore learn. I hate that kind of walled garden philosophy when it comes to computers.

If I feel like mucking about with backend stuff that might ruin my OS install then that's my choice.

How dare you..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.