VOGONS

Ultimate Intel 2004-2005 PC Pentium Build WIP

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 88, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Long awaited Vento 3600 Case mod. Pics Apologize for the blurry images, I think that you will get the idea though. This will suck cooler outside air from the front scoops and blow it into the PCI and AGP area. Allowing my Graphics card and voodoos to breath some.

Since the entire case is basically sealed with no other air intakes. The back pressure from the rear 120MM fan and the PSU Fan will further help pull more air through this contraption than the 30a front fan can alone.

Attachments

Reply 82 of 88, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

thanks, the case looks artistic to the right person, but that comes with some serious flaws. You can tell they were onto something with the bottom 2 air intakes, but it was never executed. I don't know if it was cost or complexity but it was never working right with one 40mm fan blowing horizontally from the factory. the potential is there for a solution such as mine maybe it could of been better if it didn't seem like it was there for looks and the cooling didn't seem like and after thought.

Reply 84 of 88, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Warlord wrote on 2021-07-20, 13:05:

Heatsinks arrived. probably not perfectly centered but not the worst. I'm sure they'll work just fine.

Looks better than mine 😁. The silver aluminum looks nice.

Reply 87 of 88, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

3M thermal tape. Ya you could remove them, I didn't use glue. I'm not sure what the cure time is though. I was thinking of sitting them outside in the sun 1 afternoon just to make sure it gelled properly before installing them. They recommend twisting them back and forth a little while applying pressure for ridgy, I didn't want to do that too much.