First post, by Czeky
Hello users of Vogons! I'm Czeky, and I like building/repairing retro PC's.
In the last years I've built two retro PC's for my likings and gaming needs.
The first retro build I did was a Socket 7 one, the specs are:
- Gigabyte GA-586T2 motherboard
- Intel Pentium MMX 200 MHz Processor (originally Intel Pentium 120 MHz processor)
- S3 Trio64V+ 2 MB video card
- ColorMAX VP-503 Voodoo1 3D accelerator card
- ESS Solo-1 sound card (originally ALS4000 sound card)
-40 gb Samsung hard drive
- Sony CD drive
- Windows 98 SE (originally Windows 95)
Plans for future upgrades:
- Some kind of Voodoo2, not sure about brand, maybe Diamond or Creative
- New case and power supply, the original one gets unstable a bit when the CD drive starts spinning
The second one was originally meant to be a Socket 370 build, but the board i've bought was broken, and since i did not have another, i went with a Socket A board, specs are:
- ASRock K7VT4A PRO motherboard
- AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ 1,8GHz processor
- ATi Radeon 9200 128mb video card (originally Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 video card)
- Sound Blaster Live! sound card
- 80 gb Samsung hard drive
- OEM DVD drive (not sure about brand)
- Windows 98 SE (might be better with Windows XP, but oh well)
- Had a power supply swap, the old one was noisy and unstable after time
Replies are appreciated, might upload some pictures too.
Things are workin'!