VOGONS

Problems using glide with game "Schleichfahrt"

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tschali

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo!

Today i tried dosbox with glide support and it works well. But i have a problem with the game "Schleichfahrt". I did the patches for using 3dfx cards (with my old assembled AMD K6-2 in background it works well) but if i start SF with 3dfx support i get the message that there was no 3dfx-card found.
Where is my mistake?

best regards

Reply 4 of 8, by Drexciyan_Wavejumper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tschali wrote:
Hallo! […]
Show full quote

Hallo!

Today i tried dosbox with glide support and it works well. But i have a problem with the game "Schleichfahrt". I did the patches for using 3dfx cards (with my old assembled AMD K6-2 in background it works well) but if i start SF with 3dfx support i get the message that there was no 3dfx-card found.
Where is my mistake?

best regards

What do you mean with "dosbox with glide support"? Which dosbox? Gulikoza's one?

You must face the power of the black wave of Lardossa, before you can become a Drexciyan Wavejumper

Reply 5 of 8, by Drexciyan_Wavejumper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gulikoza wrote:

Make sure that there are no glide2x.ovl files in the games directories, the only glide2x.ovl has to be on the Z: drive (make sure it's there!)

What is the Z: drive? Where do I find it?
Does "Z: drive" mean the same like the Dosbox folder?

BTW: Are there any evidenced cases, where Schleichfahrt works perfectly under dosbox? -> Smooth (no stuttering), with joystick and with 3dfx graphics (filtered textures).
I always read about problems with the game (especially joystick and glide support)

You must face the power of the black wave of Lardossa, before you can become a Drexciyan Wavejumper

Reply 7 of 8, by InvaderZim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi,

i finally got it to run with 3dfx but i have 2 problems so far:
the briefing screen is just black, when the "press button" message should appear i can hear the beep and then i see a 2 color 2d cockpit (dark-blue/even-darker-blue) but still no text. after pressing any key the mission starts and i see nice and fast 3dfx graphics.

but then the second:
the hud-displays are smearing (compass, the red/green brackets and such).its simply not playable.

is there a way to get this fixed?

i'm using Gulikoza's build, no glide-stuff in game directory.

sincerely,
InvaderZim

sorry for my english...

Reply 8 of 8, by Flint Eastwood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
i finally got it to run with 3dfx but i have 2 problems so far: the briefing screen is just black, when the "press button" messa […]
Show full quote

i finally got it to run with 3dfx but i have 2 problems so far:
the briefing screen is just black, when the "press button" message should appear i can hear the beep and then i see a 2 color 2d cockpit (dark-blue/even-darker-blue) but still no text. after pressing any key the mission starts and i see nice and fast 3dfx graphics.

but then the second:
the hud-displays are smearing (compass, the red/green brackets and such).its simply not playable.

SF(AD) seems to use a strange way to access the Linear Frame Buffer.
I tested a lot Glide-wrappers and no wrapper could show the HUD/Briefing elements.
So at the moment there is no way to play SF with glide-emulation.
But you can play it without glide very smooth in Dosbox with a 2,5GHz Dual Core.

i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB RAM + Win7 64Bit