VOGONS

First post, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The following games have all been used for testing by many of the Glide wrapper authors out there. (Wrappers like eVoodoo, MGlide, XGlide, BigRRed, etc.) Not all of them are DOS Glide games.

Glide Wrapper Testing List
---------------------------------
Barrage
Carmageddon 2
Croc - Legend of the Gobbos
Croc 2
Descent Freespace
DethKarz
Die By the Sword
Excalibur
F1 Racing Simulation
FIFA 98
FIFA 99
FIFA 2000
FIFA 2001
FIFA 2002
Formula 1 97
Frogger for Windows
Gex 3D
Grand Prix Legends
Half-Life
Hexen II
Ignition/Bleifuss FUN/Fun Tracks
Kingpin
MadTrax
MDK
Monster Truck Madness 2
Mortal Kombat IV
Motorhead
Myth
NBA Live 98
NBA Live 99
NBA Live 2000
NBA Live 2001
NBA Live 2002
Need for Speed 2 SE
Need for Speed IV
Newman/Haas Racing
Nuclear Strike
Outlaws
Pandemonium
Pandemonium 2
pod Gold
Quake 3dfxGL
Quake2 3dfxGL
Red Baron 3D
Robo Rumble 3D
Sierra Pro Pilot
Sin
SpeedBuster
Subculture
Test Drive 4
Test Drive 5
The 5th Element
Total Soccer
Trickstyle
TUROK
Ultima IX
Ultimate Race Pro
UltraHLE
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Uprising
Voodoo Lights (Screensaver)
Wing Commander Prophecy

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1 of 8, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Shame there no results on that page as that would of made the icing on the cake.

I'm currently testing

Blood
Whiplash Fatal Racing
Dungeon Keeper
Shadow Warrior
MDK - bit more testing than before.

All dos, and all have 3dfx patches.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 3 of 8, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, Blood totally locks the PC.

I installed it, patched it with the 3DFX 1.11 patch, setup the game with no sound (Just for compatibility sake).
Ran the normal version just to check it worked ok after the patch.
Then ran the 3dfx version via GliDOS, but it loads so far, then totally locks on a black screen. And a reset is the only option out.

Even in WinXP, it locks up and puts XP in a 99% CPU usage loop, and takes ages and patience to wait for task manager.

Blood also ignores full screen to window modes as well. 😠

Oh well.

MDK.

MDK loads only in window mode, and has no text or title screen graphics. You can hear sound as you flick through the menu, but thats it.
If you press enter as soon as MDK starts, the game will start, as the menu defaults to "Start Game". The intro starts up, again a black screen, then your character Kurt is seen flying above the planet.
Graphics are dark, and you can only see the lasers coming from the planet, and missiles as well. Then your character enters the planet itself.
You are now on the planet, graphics look good, but you can't see your character. Looks like 1st person now instead of 3rd person.
Movement is great and smooth, but when you fire your weapon, then screen goes totally green.
Apart from all that, the game is very smooth, and enemies are drawn, and your surroundings are drawn normally.
Hope that helps Paul in any way.
I know this game could work well, as the main part of the game if fast and playable.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 5 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Way to resurrect an old post. 😀

I THINK this is a Windows Glide game. Which means you must use OpenGlide or eVoodoo, not GliDOS. Our support forum mainly only supports OpenGlide and GliDOS, although we may be willing to test eVoodoo as well.

I just downloaded the demo of Die By the Sword. It appears that all you need to do is download OpenGlide (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openglide) and extract these files to the folder that Die By The Sword is in.

However, this is on Windows 98, and I was doing software-rendering OpenGL, so I didn't wait to see if it works. You may need to tweak your OpenGLID.ini, you may also need to download the latest patches for the game and install them. You may also have to do some tweaking under Windows 2000 or XP to get it to work. But the menu displayed in Windows 98.

Go to the OpenGlide forum, others can help you. In fact, I'll move this thread there, that's how nice I am. 😀

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just tested it under Windows XP. Once I added OpenGlide to the directory, it detected a Voodoo card on startup (it presents you with a menu, Voodoo or DirectX (not Direct3D). When I clicked okay on 3dfx, it loaded - but displayed a black screen only. Since it worked with the software renderer in Windows 98, I expect Paul will have to look at this.

For future reference, JM, we're working on a compatibility list - for now, just to list which wrapper for which game, what APIs are supported, etc. Go here:
http://zetafleet.com/dev/oli/compat.php

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 8, by 3DFraggy

User metadata

Thanks for the advices, I will check those links.

As a matter of fact I tried openGlide on the retail version (without the update of dbts), but didn't even get to choose between DirectX or Voodoo, it just started right away in software mode.

So on that point I did something wrong in "installing"/using the wrapper.

Your black screen doesn't sound very promising, though, but I'll let u know if I get beyond that screen.

Thanx for the tips.

JM.

Reply 8 of 8, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The results I got were with the Demo, not the retail version. Results may vary.

If you already have the game installed, you may have to delete whatever configuration file it generates, or even completely remove and reinstall the game, to try and get it working.

Again, all I did was download OpenGlide from SourceForge and put the two files in the same directory of the game (after it had finished installing the demo).

Try experimenting with the OpenGLID.INI file. There are settings there that may affect it. Paul would know for sure.

Additionally, Craig, a guy who hangs out in the forums, may have some suggestions as well.

Before anything else, make sure to install any patches for the game (if available).