VOGONS

First post, by dedalus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
I don't know much about openglide so i wanted to ask if there is a readme file ore something that explains the options in the openglid.ini or are there any optimal settings.
I am trying to make F-22 ADF work with openglide, but with no luck. The only thing i know is that EnableFog and EnableSecondaryColorEXT make the game crash when enabled.
Any suggestions?

Reply 1 of 15, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No manual yet. I'm sure the authors have suggestions for you, though.

You could always run the D3D version, though, right? Or is the Glide version "superior"?

It shall have to be tested eventually in OpenGlide anyhow, though, as part of the battery of games to be tested...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 2 of 15, by dedalus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im running the game with WinXP. D3D doen't work, the graphics are all over the place (look really sh**). I managed to get openglide 0.5 work, but with no textures ( 😕 ). MGlide worked too, but doesn't look good.

What happened to the Setup tool for OpenGlide?

Reply 4 of 15, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No problem. (about the language barrier)

The Setup tool is temporarily removed. Perhaps they'll put it back, or make a new one.

I'm surprised you got MGlide working. It has NEVER worked for me.

Unless there is a F-22 demo floating around somewhere, don't expect the authors of OpenGlide to support this soon. (They'll have to purchase the game or find it for download somewhere).

Other than that, wait until one of the authors of OpenGlide replies to you here and gives you suggestions to getting the game working.

Reply 5 of 15, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for the delay, but there isn't much to say. Or at least I can't think of much to say. Most of the settings aren't likely to make the difference between a game working or not.

EnableFullScreen is worth setting to 1 for most games.

EnableMipmapping makes everything look smoother, but for some games will cause missing textures (because of a bug that I think is my fault).

Some game may be slow on ATI cards unless you set IgnorePaletteChange, but that setting is bad otherwise.

I don't think the others are worth fiddling with, although if all else fails disabling everything has to be worth a go.

Reply 6 of 15, by dedalus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ stiletto: I used the latest (1_246H) version of MGlide, worked but really slow.

When I disable verything the game works, but the screen is black.
Perhaps the new driver from nVidia causes the problems with openglide. I had some problems with games like Aquanox.

Reply 10 of 15, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Snover wrote:

They'll work when they are no longer BETA. *cough*

...which would be about now. The 40.72 set has recently been WHQL certified. It's available from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.72

😁

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 11 of 15, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oooooooh. I'm downloading. 😀 I wish that Creative would contract these guys to make drivers for their stupid crappy Audigy. Bah.
(Note to all: WHQL doesn't mean a whole lot. 😁)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 14 of 15, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dedalus wrote:

They don't work, anyway not with F22.

Look, this may not be a driver problem, but unless you can buy the game for the authors (or private-message them a place to download it although illegal copying and sharing of software is NOT encouraged here), they won't be able to work on it.

Also keep in mind that there are some games that OpenGlide, let alone GliDOS, won't be able to wrap. I don't think this is one, since MGlide sorta worked. Still, if they had the game, and you could tell them what patches to install, it would help them.

Otherwise, keep waiting. They'll get to it eventually.

If you want, talk to a guy on the GliDOS/OpenGlide forums here called "CraigG", he's really good at attempting to get Glide games working with GliDOS and OpenGlide, and could lead you through some of the steps.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 15 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would still try a 30.xx det. The 40.72's are new may not be fully compatible with older software. As Snover noted above WHQL doesn't really mean that much.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline