VOGONS

I-War

Topic actions

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi there,

Sorry to pester about specific games and everything, but this looks to be the latest compatibility thread, so it seems to make more sense to post here than start something separate:

I notice Independence War (I-War) has been mentioned on and off but isn't included on all the lists; I have a specific interest in this but have been unable to test it due to lack of a working computer, so I was wondering if anyone had had the chance to test this under Glide (rather than the standard software mode)? Glide support was standard in the US release and available as a patch to the UK version *or* as part of the "Defiance: I-War" extended edition, nor did it have any D3D/OGL support afaik. The main reason I ask is that the official website states it doesn't work with any wrapper, however this was posted some time back now...

NStriker mentioned he had it in another thread - any joy?

--

I'll register next time I'm on...

Reply 1 of 2, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's almost there, but not quite. The main thing is, is that it runs. This is the first time I've actually gotten it to run via a wrapper.

Although it runs, you only have a black screen and a HUD, nothing else.

I've got this permanently installed, so I will keep an eye on it with every new openglide release.

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2