VOGONS

First post, by Genfors

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have read a little about the MT-32 emulation project. I used to own a MT-32 and it's hard forget the great sound it produced during hours in Ultima Underworld.

I'm very interested in testing this emulator, where can i get it?

I downloaded a file called dosbox.exe but i don't understand how it all works, what do i need?

Regards,

Mats

Reply 1 of 6, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not quite sure if you've heard the news but we're presently under a cease and desist letter from Roland regarding the distribution of the emulator. The sole file available on my site has nothing to do with the emulator. Its left over from a previous project where I granted Tandy (pst, Radio Shack, I MEAN YOU NO HARM!) emulation abilities to DosBox. Its also got genuine legacy CGA support. Alas, there no MT-32 support, however.

Reply 3 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, it would be perhaps useful if somebody from a country beyond Roland's reach (e.g. Russia etc.) put it on a web somewhere there and posted link.
I remember case of a Russian site with Japanese Hentai (adult) games, somebody from USA complained to them and he was told that he can e.g. contact their internet provider, but it will not help him (this conversation was on the main page of the web site!). Those Russians just ignored him. Long live wild east ... 😀

Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion which has nothing to do with moderators of this board or CANADACOW !!! I am not from Russia myself.
I do not want to support ignoring copyrights, but it just sounds to me rather unjust that whole CANADACOW's work is now unavailable (unless people downloaded it before).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 6, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Completely taking down the site was of my own doing. I did it to demonstrate to Roland that I am here not to infringe on any of their intellectual property and wish to be as cooperative with them as possible. It is my hope that with this gesture that they will be equally as cooperative with me. The best action to take in this situation is to have patience and let things sort themselves out.