VOGONS

First post, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Canadacow

I've just tried your GUS version of dosbox with second reality, works like a charm! I also tried doom, but it crashes out with DPMI enabled. With DPMI disabled it runs but I get no sound. I guess I'm hoping for too much this early in the dosbox protected mode cycle.

I'll have to track down a copy of SBEMU to see if it runs!

As always thankyou for your work 😀

Matthew

[edit] For anyone interested, you can get other Future Crew demos at ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/sirreal/fc/

Last edited by teamster1975 on 2003-10-27, 10:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tried 2nd reality and unreal. Both sound great, near perfect.

I think that Doom doesn't work because the ULTRASND environment variable isn't set.
Format should be "ULTRASND=Port,DMA1,DMA2,IRQ1,IRQ2"
(more here:http://www.deinmeister.de/gusemu/manual.htm#faq)
but I don't know which values to use.

Reply 3 of 4, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Though technically this belongs in a new forum as noted by Teamster (the Gravis Ultrasound emulation is unrelated to the MT-32 emulation) I'm still going to answer it here since no other suitable one exists. Anyway, the emulation for most demos is complete. I haven't enabled any of the IRQ or DMA stuff because DosBox is lacking in that area and I'm having to program that stuff into DosBox before I can even get to implementing it in the Gravis emulator. I'll keep everyone posted. Since Gravis's major user base was coders and power users, there's a plethora of great documentation out there regarding the Gravis hardware.
Ohh... to get to the point, don't bother with an ULTRASND environment variable at the moment because the emulator doesn't hook to any IRQ's or DMA's. Once I have it configured correctly DosBox will set this varible for you.

Last edited by canadacow on 2003-10-29, 23:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Maybe put it in dosbox-development ?

Yeah I'm very curious for the "full emulation finished"

But i got an email from c2woody who found a very nasty irq/soundblaster bug.
So if something goes wrong (int f) wait till I figured it all out.

Good luck on your 16 Bit dma though 😉

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!