VOGONS

First post, by las prevention

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, created this account in hopes of fixing this issues ive been having. I don't use my mt32 for games but I connect to it with my DX7 keyboard via midi. From there the left and right outputs on mt32 are connected to my mixer. The problem I am having is that the left signal is very strong and much louder than the right signal. If i turn the left signal all the way down and listen to the right signal it is purely the fx(reverb) I would like the dry signal going through both right and left instead of just the left channel. Thanks everyone I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Reply 1 of 2, by Spikey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I mean, the only possibilities are the right output on your MT-32 is busted (could check by plugging into something else), or the input on your mixer is busted. I highly doubt the FX is outputted on one channel, it is probably just a very very attenuated sound, caused by a faulty jack. I had that one time with a SC-55, when I took it to a electronics repairman he told me it had probably been dropped by the previous owner, and the jack had gotten loose internally. Is it a recent purchase for you?

Reply 2 of 2, by las prevention

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Spikey wrote:

I mean, the only possibilities are the right output on your MT-32 is busted (could check by plugging into something else), or the input on your mixer is busted. I highly doubt the FX is outputted on one channel, it is probably just a very very attenuated sound, caused by a faulty jack. I had that one time with a SC-55, when I took it to a electronics repairman he told me it had probably been dropped by the previous owner, and the jack had gotten loose internally. Is it a recent purchase for you?

Figured it out. A data control entry slider on my keyboard was all the way down. At 0% The dry signal is panned all the way to the left and at 100% its panned to the right. I have to fiddle with it a little bit to get it perfect... at 50% its panned down the middle. Sounds perfect now. I don't know how often the mt-32 is used for recording but I am very suprised with its capabilities. It outputs a very dirty signal but with a little eq it sounds awesome in a lo-fi setting. Its truly a hidden gem compared to the popularity of Roland's other midi synths such has jv 1010. To my understanding it was never marketed with recording in mind?