VOGONS

First post, by seren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know @t9999clint is working on WavePi, which will probably fulfill most of my needs. Still I wanted to experiment with more options. So in my quest for a Raspberry Pi 3B setup that can act as a Roland MT32 & SC-55 emulator I came across Patchbox OS.

I have a Hifiberry DAC+ADC hat and unfortunately had to break the realtime kernel on Patchbox OS to get hifiberry support with rpi-update. (Or does somebody know how to get realtime kernel working with Hifiberry?)

I got Munt, the MT32 emulator, running with shell and x binary, following this tutorial https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/12549/tut … lation-on-rpi-3

It's sort of a hit or miss with the jack and my limited knowledge of all things linux audio.

While the x binary did show me some “LCD” screen, nothing much was to be seen on it. So I want to try the Qt version.

But my limited knowledge of linux got me stranded building the mt32emu_qt binary. I basically installed Qt 5.7.1 (latest available via apt-get), IIC also had to install portaudio and changed one of the cmake parameters to -Dmunt_WITH_MT32EMU_QT:BOOL=ON but ran into problems 😦 Something like

fatal error: QtWidgets/QAction: No such file or directory
#include <QtWidgets/QAction>

Hopefully someone can help me out?

I also saw somebody made a LV2 out of Munt https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=12937
So I thought, maybe this can be added to MODEP. But I have no clue how to do that. And given that the lv2 github is rather old I wouldn’t know how to have it use the latest Munt 2.3.0.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully this can lead to have MT32 running on Patchbox OS and/or MODEP.

Reply 1 of 4, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've outlined the dependencies at the start of this thread:
Emulating MT-32 on an RPi2

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 4, by seren

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, thanks. I followed a similar tutorial on retropie to get mt32d & xmt32 working, but that tutorial explicitly excluded the qt binary. However, with my lack of linux knowledge I tried to use this to also get the mt32emu-qt binary. With qt4 I got it sort of working on Patchbox OS, but it killed Jack and simply refused to work properly.

I'll try this tutorial, that second line of dependencies may be the crux here??