Hi Guys
I captured audio with Roland MT-32 by DosBox
I dont know why the track in .WAV cannot be reproduced..it's a silent track

Reply 1 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

if you use midi in dosbox. you can't capture it with the dosbox capture, but you have to use audacity or something like that.
(as the midi sound isn't generated by dosbox)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Qbix wrote on 2020-06-28, 11:05:

if you use midi in dosbox. you can't capture it with the dosbox capture, but you have to use audacity or something like that.
(as the midi sound isn't generated by dosbox)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, munt may have, I'm almost sure it has, a way to output as file. Grab the full Munt, not just the driver for that and look around in the settings.
Alternatively, do as Qbix suggested, and record the audio via Audacity or anything else.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Then you must select the correct source in Audacity.
Or grab the whole Munt not just the driver.

Reply 9 of 10, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@Mark_81: I believe you are confused about something here, which I'll try to explain:
As Qbix wrote, Dosbox delegates playback of midi to the host system, eg Windows. So when you play midi, Dosbox is not playing any music. That's why your recording is empty.
Which means you should record it from windows, not dosbox.
Dominus' advice is valid, munt has an obvious "record" functionality, have you seen it? If you only want to record midi music, this is all you need

1.png
Filename
1.png
File size
41.27 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Qbix' advice to use audacity has an advantage, through audacity you can record everything that will be output to the speakers.
This means that you can record both the sounds effects played by dosbox and the music played by windows.
The only trick to do so is to record from "stereo mix" device, which is disabled by default. Try to find some youtube video on how to enable it if you really need it, but as I said maybe recording directly from munt is enough for you.

Reply 10 of 10, by ShirBlackspots

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Lets try this

Annotation 2020-06-28 080527.png
Filename
Annotation 2020-06-28 080527.png
File size
198.01 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
Annotation 2020-06-28 081007.png
Filename
Annotation 2020-06-28 081007.png
File size
59.85 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

And the output will sound like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dooevp70ibl1neu/test.wav?dl=0