VOGONS

First post, by Catlamity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you guys tried to run both synths simultaneously? The sound results are pretty incredible.
This is some other guy's recording of it.
https://youtu.be/DeisnZkjhRI?t=2124

This is the file i was playing on actual hardware running on a 386. No dosbox here. Recorded on my phone.
God I love Roland.

Tell me what you guys think

Attachments

• Filename
    Scc1.mp3
    File size
    998 KiB
    Downloads
    77 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    Mt32.mp3
    File size
    1.08 MiB
    Downloads
    77 downloads
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    Both.mp3
    File size
    2.4 MiB
    Downloads
    80 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 4, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I often run multiple MIDI modules in parallel to give the instruments more depth, but that usually only works with GM, as tracks made for MT-32 will not play correctly on a GM module and vice-versa
and while some GS/GM modules have a MT-32 mode it never sounds as good as a real MT-32 tbh, but no I've never tried anything in parallel with the MT-32

your files don't seem to be playing for me though for some reason.

Reply 2 of 4, by Catlamity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote on 2022-06-19, 18:55:

I often run multiple MIDI modules in parallel to give the instruments more depth, but that usually only works with GM, as tracks made for MT-32 will not play correctly on a GM module and vice-versa
and while some GS/GM modules have a MT-32 mode it never sounds as good as a real MT-32 tbh, but no I've never tried anything in parallel with the MT-32

your files don't seem to be playing for me though for some reason.

MT-32 doesn't play it exactly right. The patching causes it to use different instruments, which is the effect illustrated in the files.
On my web browser plays fine. There's a lil play button beside the files. 🤣