VOGONS

First post, by bilbomacuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've seen a demo of Munt running on a Mac running PC games in DOSBox. However, I'm wondering if it's possible to have Munt running on a Mac playing midi sounds using midi commands coming from an external midi input? If so how would I configure this?

For example, if I run software on a real Apple IIGS, connected to a midi-interface, connected to my Mac's midi interface - can the received midi inputs play sounds in Munt?

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think so, as it behaves like any MIDI physical device connected to the mac (only that it is virtual).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by bilbomacuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote on 2023-02-28, 13:34:

I think so, as it behaves like any MIDI physical device connected to the mac (only that it is virtual).

Any idea how to route midi input from an external source into Munt? It doesn’t appear in Audio MIDI setup, and whilst I can see it’s advertising a port name, I can’t find any way of routing midi signals to it (even tried getting MainStage to output to it but can’t find anyway of selecting it within MainStage).

Thanks for all help!

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmmm, didn't think of it not being reported as a port with number. So I guess it can't be used like this 🙁

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you have to do like this more or less : https://youtu.be/vSk9S1bkRS8
as long as you get midi data to the system that runs munt it will work

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 5, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm not a Mac user, but this (or something similar) will be what you need.
https://github.com/notahat/midi_patchbay

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder