VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 48, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ih8registrations wrote:

Yep. Emulation does a lot of the thing that the p4 is weak at; lots of jumping around; which causes mispredictions, that in turn flushes the pipeline. The longer pipeline, the the longer the delay, and the p4's pipeline is very long.

That's probably the reason why DOSBox profits so much from compiling it with Profile Guided Optimization (-fprofile-generate, -fprofile-use in GCC 4.x)

tearex

Reply 41 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i don't found the Gauntlet II game..it's very hard download it...the PC version...and i don't have $$ for send the SMS message for download....painfull...

Last edited by Shed on 2006-04-26, 06:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 44 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks dvwjr...really a lot of people must thinking i'm going crazy with graphics but not, only some spare time and practice of my creative side....and for free....who want some?? (rough voice (dukenukem 3d)

Reply 45 of 48, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The

B
DOS
X

image looks cool. Too many colors and patterns for my taste, tho. A more simplistic design would please my eyes more. Just a white background and darkblue, slightly shadish (but always close to #0F3872), letters or something.

No "fancy" stuff, just keep it simple.

Reply 46 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Freddo....attending your comment, i was try the following graphic with a not very "orverloaded" graphic with lots of patterns 😉 ....

anyway...tell me if you like this other....make in 20 minutes

Note: El Pusher, or DosFreak: i'll try resize this images to a smaller ones to don't break the forum scheme on screen....

DOSBox_promo2.jpg

DOSBox_promo3.jpg