Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 200 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
XulChris wrote:

Actually, in Linux config files are supposed to go into the /etc/ directory, but qbix has not yet implemented this.

/me slaps qbix around a bit with a large trout.

DOSBox itself do *not* need the /usr/bin/dosbox.conf file - it is DBGL that expects the config-file to live in the same directory as dosbox.

So go slap rcblanke instead 😀

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 201 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, Qbix needs slapping. I supplied him a patch for parsing /etc as well as $HOME, but it was refused because it did not take into consideration
--sysconfdir=DIR read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]
from the configure, and working with the gnu autotools gives me a migrane. If anyone knows how to fix configure.in to put sysconfdir into config.h then I can fix my patch and resubmit it.

Reply 202 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Remind me to look into this configure.in thing in 1-2 months.

Reply 203 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

The Linux package has been uploaded to the usual location.

Attached is a Linux 64-bit DBGL package (from Jeff) for testing purposes. For those who care to check it out; please let me know if it worked for you so that maybe I can put it on the DBGL website soon.

Thanks,
Ronald

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … 5_64-bit.tar.gz

Reply 204 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi people,

Red_avatar, Dosfreak, and many more people have asked me to add some custom fields to DBGL. I've been working on this and would appreciate any feedback on the current status.

A total of 10 new custom fields are added, 8 of them strings, one numeric value and one field for percentages. Four of those stringfields are combo boxes, the others are plain fields:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … l/tmp/edit2.png

Two new Link fields have also been added, together with browse buttons for linking local filesystem stuff:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … l/tmp/edit1.png

The settings dialog was changed to allow editing the labels of the new custom fields:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … p/settings2.png

All this results in a main window which could look like something like this:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … l/tmp/main1.png

Tell me what you think, fellows!

Ronald

EDIT: removed the large pics

Last edited by rcblanke on 2007-04-05, 21:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 205 of 1968, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Damn, that key to quit field is a good idea. (Damnit, thanks for adding yet something else I need to put on my list).

I've always been hesitant to put links to mobygames on my compatibility list for the tons of games I have because I'm worried that eventually the link will change. Shouldn't something like this be better integrated with the site in question instead of just pasting a link? I guess a link that just searches for the game name is the best option in the short term.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-03-19, 03:56. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 206 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I tried your .55 Starter Edition download to see how you setup some games in DBGL. I thought that I'd incorporate a couple of the included games and realized a feature that might become needed. An easy way to import and export profiles. I'd copied part of the database.script from the .55SE into my existing database.script after manually editing the values to match my database. This would be tedious with more than a handful.

I know that DBGL has the ability to import Defend profiles, but it would be nice to be able to export and then import DBGL profiles for sharing, distribution, etc. My main purpose would be for archiving games. I already archive all of my floppy games in ZIPs stored on disc and it would be nice to store a profile in the game's archive. This is why I had asked for the ability to have the config file stored in the game's directory.

Perhaps a built in browse function for different paths would be necessary. The import/export would not be so much for the DOSBox settings (although it might be good for a starting place for setting up the game on another machine) but more for the data base for a game. I don't know if this would mean standardizing some fields like category and publisher or if there could be some query from the importer for inexact matches.

It could also prove useful when helping a NOOB to get a game going in DOSBox. I dislike wizards, but it might be good for these people. I could even have profiles for download on my site.

Reply 207 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, maybe a dump question, but how do you get the screenshots in there? I searched but couldn't find the information ...

Btw, is it possible to provide some kind of filter for the list, which searches for matching names?

Reply 208 of 1968, by _Vyper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

rcblanke,

Attached are 32bit and 64bit versions or a Exe4J http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/exe4j/ exe based java launcher for DBGL, along with the source.
First it checks for the jar
in the "DGBL-JAR" environment variable,
then "./dbgl.jar"
then "./dbgl_current.jar"
then "./dbgl100.jar" - "./dbgl001.jar"
then "./dbgl99.jar" - "./dbgl01.jar"
then "./dbgl9.jar" - "./dbgl1.jar"

once dbgl 1.01 is released i can make you a new one (my e4j is full/registered)

Attachments

• Filename
    DBGL-E4J.zip
    File size
    150.87 KiB
    Downloads
    460 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DBGL-E4J.rar
    File size
    107.7 KiB
    Downloads
    561 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 209 of 1968, by houou

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, I need some help here. I got the Starter Pack after using D-Fend for a while. However whenever I try to load one of the predefined games or make a new profile and load it, the dosbox window just pops up and disappears immediatly. With every single game in the starter pack/every single custom defined game.

Strange thing is, I tried loading my D-Fend profiles into DBGL and they all work flawlessly. I even tried comparing the profiles for a Starter Pack game and games from my D-Fend profile but there doesn't seem to be any difference (though I can't open both at the same time so I probably missed something). Any ideas?

Reply 210 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
houou wrote:

Hmm, I need some help here. I got the Starter Pack after using D-Fend for a while. However whenever I try to load one of the predefined games or make a new profile and load it, the dosbox window just pops up and disappears immediatly. With every single game in the starter pack/every single custom defined game.

Strange thing is, I tried loading my D-Fend profiles into DBGL and they all work flawlessly. I even tried comparing the profiles for a Starter Pack game and games from my D-Fend profile but there doesn't seem to be any difference (though I can't open both at the same time so I probably missed something). Any ideas?

From the download page: "Please note that you MUST let the SFX extract to c:\ in order to let it create a c:\dbgl055se directory." -- in other words, if you don't want it there, you will need to edit the paths.

Reply 211 of 1968, by houou

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:
houou wrote:

From the download page: "Please note that you MUST let the SFX extract to c:\ in order to let it create a c:\dbgl055se directory." -- in other words, if you don't want it there, you will need to edit the paths.

Ugh. Thanks for telling me, and sorry for not looking.

Reply 212 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

v0.56 is here:

* Added 10 new custom fields, 8 of them strings, one numeric value and one field for percentages. Four of those stringfields are combo boxes, the others are plain textfields. Two new Link fields have also been added, together with browse buttons for linking local filesystem stuff. Hovering over the links shows a tooltip now. The settings dialog was changed to allow editing of the labels of these new custom fields. (Dosfreak, red_avatar, etc.)
* Added support for PhysFS 7-zip file mounting (Ykhwong or Gulikoza builds only).
* Improved DOSBox version toggling in template- and profile-editing dialogs by adding a new 'Set' button. This associates the template or profile with the given DOSBox version without the need to reload/reset its configuration settings.
* Improved handling of I/O problems when loading configuration files (MiniMax).
* Some code refactoring.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 213 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rfc wrote:

Sorry, maybe a dump question, but how do you get the screenshots in there? I searched but couldn't find the information ...

Ctrl-F5

rfc wrote:

Btw, is it possible to provide some kind of filter for the list, which searches for matching names?

In the future. Use column sorting for now (up to 10 columns)

Reply 214 of 1968, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sweet. Probably going to start the process of creating profiles for my games. It will be a slow process since I'll be testing DosBox compatibility as well but it'll be worth it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 216 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bugmenot wrote:

Can you add an option to use profile name instead of a numbre for screenshots dir, like you did for profile names in the past. Thanks.

Maybe, should not be too hard to do. But I will probably take a break for a while (unless some ugly bug pops up), since I haven't been able to do a lot of dosbox testing (read: gaming) lately 🙄
I'll put your request on the future-work list!

@_Vyper: Thanks for the e4j package! Will probably put it my site as an alternative/add-on download. Any compelling reasons to choose e4j over JSmooth?

DosFreak wrote:

Probably going to start the process of creating profiles for my games. It will be a slow process since I'll be testing DosBox compatibility as well but it'll be worth it.

Let me know if you need help, or notice something that needs work.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 217 of 1968, by Aisyk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I have a problem with your front-end, it seems a very good front-end, i use normally d-fend on my windows. Now im on a ubuntu feisty fawn and i search a good front-end. That's why your front-end is very interresting for me.

But,
I have a little problem ! I can't launch it !
I have this error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/gui/MainWindow (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) […]
Show full quote

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/gui/MainWindow (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Thanx for your reply !

Reply 218 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hmm... Any idea what version of Java you are running on that Ubuntu box?

Reply 219 of 1968, by Aisyk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think so... see the picture below...
Is it a good response ?

Attachments

• java1.jpg
    Filename
    java1.jpg
    File size