DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1002 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:

There is an issues with the filter generation logic ... You should be using "OR" instead at least for inner group items ...

Yep, you're right, I've fixed that now.

Test build 0.76e contains:

* Fixed MobyGames.com info querying (as far as I understand, the site's structure/design may be in a state of flux for the coming time, so more breakage is certainly possible. Please let me know if there are issues)
* Implemented a more user-friendly way to create a filter query, using tri-state checkboxes in the filter tree
* Used a sash in the filter dialog so that the filter tree can be enlarged/reduced more easily
* Allow for proper cancellation of a multi-edit dialog (correctly stopping threads) so that the the profiles list is correctly updated and no exceptions do occur

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• filter.png
    Filename
    filter.png
    File size
    48.41 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Checked items are ANDed, grayed items ORed
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1003 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
kolano wrote:

There is an issues with the filter generation logic ... You should be using "OR" instead at least for inner group items ...

Yep, you're right, I've fixed that now.

Yes, but it's still broken/has issues...

1: Setting "Or" at the group level doesn't set the groups to be or'd together. Instead it adds in extra needless parenthesis...

Year 1980 or Action Genre=
((YR.YEAR='1980'))
AND
((GEN.NAME='Action'))

2: You only apply the UPPER() function for things like title word sub-selections. It may be preferable to apply that everywhere, or enable some way to control if case was respected or not. A global checkbox per filter would probably be OK.

3: The other issue is that it's not convenient to cycle through group level settings (i.e. and -> or -> off -> and), since hitting the "off" setting clears your selections forcing them to be reselected when it resets to "and" and one can't move from "and" to "or" until selections are re-made. You probably need to enable a fourth "selected but disabled" state to maintain sub-selections even if a group is disabled.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.

Reply 1004 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1. You need to have at least 2 groups 'grayed' for this to work! The parentheses are necessary when more groups are checked.
2. Maybe, but for now, I think it is powerfull/complex enough as it is
3. A fourth state is not available in SWT, and will be making things even more complex. Maybe I should get rid of the 'off' selection when children are checked?!

Reply 1005 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:

3. A fourth state is not available in SWT, and will be making things even more complex. Maybe I should get rid of the 'off' selection when children are checked?!

Then it may be better to just leave them selected, but use logic that looks at the group level to ignore the selections.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.

Reply 1006 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^ Agreed!

Changes in test build 0.76f:
* The filter tree behavioral change mentioned above;
* Added box-sized tiles in gallery view mode as it seems to be all the rage these days
* Gallery background color can be changed, for now just by hand editing settings.config ([gui] gallerybackgroundcolor=r g b, for example gallerybackgroundcolor=215 215 215)

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

This will probably be the last test build, so please be quick with updated translations!

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 1008 of 1968, by heretic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i'm new in this forum so welcome everyone and first of all thanks rcblanke for your great work on DBGL 😀

There seem to be some issue with your latest beta build. I downloaded 0.76f jar file and after launching DBGL nothing happens, when replaced with 0.76 from official package it works well. What could be the problem?

Reply 1009 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Heretic,
You're most probably missing a couple of files. Put this gallery-0.6.0.jar file in your DBGL LIB folder, and this default.xml file in your DBGL TEMPLATES folder.

Reply 1011 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all, release 0.77 is up on the website, enjoy! No major changes since the last test build; just included Neville's and Zhang Ying's translation updates, and a small improvement to prevent duplicate results in a MobyGames query (the underlying reason being that pagination is somewhat broken on MG).

Reply 1012 of 1968, by DAFFYDAFFY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hellooo!
Do you think this is the longest running thread on the web?:)
it seems to have been going since 2006,WOW!

P.S...It's great to see DBGL is still been improved on.
Very useful program it is.

Reply 1013 of 1968, by The Devil Hunter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there, I just wanted to say this thing is freaking Awesome. Just one thing, is it Portable?? As in, Can I put it on an External Drive without it depending on any settings being set to Registry, or User Profile folders??

Also, I tried adding Doom 2 onto the list. I have the full version.. But for some reason, it was never found on Moby or any of the other 2 querying sites. I did everything right.. I think.

Anyhow, nice job on this. Really takes all the Guest work out of installing and running a Dosgame.

EDIT: Just wanted to know, is there any way to Tweak the Mouse Sensitivity on one Profile?? I know of going into DOSBOX's conf file and changing it there, but that would effect every game from the launcher.. Right?

Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Reply 1014 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi there, thanks for the nice words!

Yes, DBGL is very much portable; it uses relative paths so that you can use the same DBGL installation on whatever disk/folder/location, and even multiple operating systems. Personally, I run DBGL from off an external hdd, works fine.

If you're having trouble querying the mobygames site using DBGL, you're probably using an outdated DBGL version. As all 3 sites (mobygames.com, pouet.net and hotud.org) were altered recently, DBGL was unable to parse their search-results. This has been fixed in version 0.77. If you're upgrading to this latest version, please read the special note on the website about how to upgrade.

You can find the mouse sensitivity setting in the I/O tab in the profile-editor, 2nd option.

Reply 1015 of 1968, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With 0.77 version I have some problems while querying Mobygames (in its new incarnation).. eg while querying "Fantasy Pack" I get this error:

--------
Couldn't retrieve information from MobyGames for "Fantasy Pack" !

Technical information:
String index out of range: -20
--------

Do I nee to provide more infos?

Reply 1017 of 1968, by The Devil Hunter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice. Update worked just fine. One more question though, how does one add screenshots to the game profile, if one added a Game in the list??

Reply 1019 of 1968, by The Devil Hunter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nvm, I found out via Options..

Dunno what CTRL+F5 does.. If you was just having fun there, wouldn't it be CTRL+F4?