Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1461 of 1968, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi neville,

hm, i played around with image settings, no luck so far.

both images are mounted as d: and selecting combinations of cdrom, aspi, starting from disc 0,1 makes no difference at all?

error, drive d: does not exist, needs to be mounted first?

Reply 1463 of 1968, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

here you go:

mount C "/home/user/Emulation/Data/Dos/DRAGON"
imgmount D "/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON1.CUE" "/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON2.CUE" -t iso

start: /home/user/Emulation/Data/Dos/DRAGON/DRAGON.BAT
setup: /home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON1.CUE/INSTALL.EXE

Reply 1464 of 1968, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just tried Dragon Lore, and did not have any issues. The installer ran, and I let it auto-detect the sound card (found an SB16), and had it do a minimal install. After that you can run the game from C:\DRAGON by running TALES.EXE. There was no DRAGON.BAT.
Not sure if it matters, but I have v2.0. The root of the CD contains a CHANGES.TXT file with changes since v1.
I did not extensively test it, only had it do the intro and started a new game. It never asked me for the second CD, so I guess that will happen later in the game.

Can you show the content of your CUE files? Perhaps there is something wrong with them.
Also I just have them as ISO.

Reply 1465 of 1968, by Crysli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dbgl-user wrote on 2020-03-27, 09:02:
here you go: […]
Show full quote

here you go:

mount C "/home/user/Emulation/Data/Dos/DRAGON"
imgmount D "/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON1.CUE" "/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON2.CUE" -t iso

start: /home/user/Emulation/Data/Dos/DRAGON/DRAGON.BAT
setup: /home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON1.CUE/INSTALL.EXE

In the DBGL configuration field where you insert the lines of the images to be mounted, keep the line of every image separate (by a return), otherwise the game cannot find the CD.

Edit:
It's strange because in the configuration file is all on a line but when you insert it in DBGL you have to keep the lines separated. Maybe @rcblanke could have a look at it.

Reply 1466 of 1968, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@rob: i do own an earlier version, not v2.0.

anyway, i did a full install, choose sb only, because of a bug with sb16. a dragon.bat is created in c:\dragon which runs fine (mounting one iso only), until i pick an old savegame of mine demanding for disc2.

as this is a backup of my discs, i doubt the problem is related to cue files but rather related to imgmount.

FILE "DRAGON1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM LEAD-OUT 71:19:53

what about mounting disc2 to e:, is this an option? how to switch discs this way?

@crysli: when you choose 2 cues at once, this is already the default:

/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON1.CUE
/home/user/Emulation/Iso/Dos/Dragon Lore/DRAGON2.CUE

Reply 1467 of 1968, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can you share the save game, so I can get it to ask for the second CD? Assuming that a v1 savegame can be loaded with v2...

Once again, you should just be able to swap disks with the hot-key. Alternatively, you can try the DOSBox-X fork. It has a menu bar which has a swap-disk option. It also supports separate swapping of floppy and CD media, something that vanilla DOSBox does not (not that you need floppy swapping with this game).

As to mounting the second CD on drive E:, that depends on the game. There are very few games that support multiple CD-ROM drives, but you can give it a try. Do report back if that works.

The 7th Guest and the 11th Hour are examples of games that I know that support multiple CD-ROM drives.

Reply 1468 of 1968, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

surely i can share the savegame with you, but don't forget that dragon lore will not even boot while multi-mounting to d:. unfortunately, this is the only multi-disc game for testing right now.

Reply 1470 of 1968, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it does not even get that far.

if multi-mounted, i need to startup in manual mode for the dosbox window to stay open.

mscdex: failure: invalid file or unable to open.

$ dragon.bat

drive d does not exist!

dragon.bat:

@echo off
REM *** DRAGON launcher V5.13 ***
D:
TALES GER SBP2227 HIM WRIC:\

Reply 1471 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still not clear? I've just imported a game that comes in several CD-ROMs, "Dragon Lore II". This what the mounting settings look like:

fEb7jT2.png

SYac8Oi.png

Note that this game runs from C: , so first of all I had to run D:\INSTALL.EXE or whatever before it was playable.

Reply 1474 of 1968, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dbgl-user wrote on 2020-03-27, 20:16:

i made an image of disc2 once more which solved the issue. sorry for the trouble folks and thank you for your help 😀

What is the difference from the CD image made before?

Klimawandel.

Reply 1476 of 1968, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dbgl-user wrote on 2020-03-27, 20:16:

i made an image of disc2 once more which solved the issue. sorry for the trouble folks and thank you for your help 😀

You can now try if having the second CD in drive E: prevents you from having to "swap" disks when you load your savegame.

Reply 1477 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have another PC-98 related request. Could you add support for HDM floppy images? And there's also another disk format, FDD, but I'm not sure it's worth adding because Neko Project II doesn't support it either.

Reply 1478 of 1968, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Small nitpick. When adding a mount point, and you select either Drive Letter A or B from the drop-down, could you change the type to "floppy"?

I have had on more then a few occasions that I forgot to change the image type from the default iso to floppy, causing the mount to fail.

Reply 1479 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
_Rob wrote on 2020-04-12, 09:42:

When adding a mount point, and you select either Drive Letter A or B from the drop-down, could you change the type to "floppy"?

Good idea, done.

_Rob wrote on 2020-03-09, 14:57:

DBGL sometimes gets confused with symbolic links on Linux..

Should be fixed!

Neville wrote on 2020-04-04, 17:42:

Could you add support for HDM floppy images?

Added.

I've also refactored some parts of the GUI code (again), please let me know if you spot any irregularities or bugs.

All the latest files To upgrade, just fetch dbgl.jar as usual.

Ronald