User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Starting off with the 0.93 beta round:
* Fixed a problem opening links to files with spaces in its path;
* Fixed exporting mapper files
* Keep track of latest export type (profile or game) and auto-suggest export filename based on export title;
* Implemented a more accurate export progress indicator

All the latest files To upgrade, just fetch dbgl.jar as usual.

Ronald

Reply 1565 of 1962, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi! i just want to ask everyone here which fork of dosbox you are using together with dbgl? any recommendations? for my personal taste pixelshader- & soundfont / mt32-functions are mandatory. the dosbox-daum fork still works but is pretty outdated meanwhile. as far as i am concerned there are two alternatives with similar options:

https://dosbox-staging.github.io/downloads/windows/
https://github.com/MartyShepard/DOSBox-Optionals

currently my job is quite stressful so i had no time to test and find out if / how the compability of both forks together with dbgl is. any experiences from your side? did you maybe test one these forks or are you using a different fork with dbgl?

i think there is no official compability list for dbgl & different dosbox-forks, it would be nice to have something like this in future to know what is compatible and what's not.

best regards

Last edited by rotaxt on 2020-08-06, 17:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1567 of 1962, by Green200

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So there is a Bug with DBGL? any Cure for a missing mouse and Possible Keyboard Issue. the mouse is there but you have to use your own mouse to grab and click things in DBGL. this New Reversion needs a massive fix. I even reverted to older version except .82 and beyond, those downloads are non existent atm. the last few no longer work for MAC.

The Older versions Need A JRE just like the new ver. but the Java Run time must be too new and thus DBGL is unable to recognize a JRE Package is installed. that is my best guess.

and DosBox seems to mount it self quite well - all the time. with no problems.

I so far have looked for help every where and It took like Three months to find this Fourm to post this issue. and yes I did send an Email to the Creator.

Reply 1568 of 1962, by billy043

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there, I´m having a crash when trying to add a new Profile or Template. This is on a completely clean run of DBGL 0.92 on stock Ubuntu 20.04. Also tried 0.93 beta 1 with the same result.

Java version is openjdk 11.0.8 2020-07-14

Crash happens every time - so I cannot add a profile or a template.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could try to get this working? Let me know if you want me to provide any further details of the issue.

Full terminal output is as follows:

Launching DBGL using 64-Bit VM 11.0.8 on Linux v5.4.0-45-genericamd64, HSQL Database Engine 2.5.0, SWT v4934gtk
Startup
Sep 06, 2020 11:14:00 AM org.hsqldb.persist.Logger logInfoEvent
INFO: dataFileCache open start

(SWT:12568): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:00.632: Negative content width -9 (allocation 4, extents 6x7) while allocating gadget (node separator, owner GtkSeparatorToolItem)

(SWT:12568): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:14:00.635: Negative content width -9 (allocation 4, extents 6x7) while allocating gadget (node separator, owner GtkSeparatorToolItem)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid DaControl definition
at org.dbgl.gui.controls.DaControl.setControlByConf(DaControl.java:87)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.EditConfigurableDialog.lambda$updateControlsByConfigurable$1(EditConfigurableDialog.java:136)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1541)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.EditConfigurableDialog.updateControlsByConfigurable(EditConfigurableDialog.java:136)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.EditTemplateDialog.updateControlsByTemplate(EditTemplateDialog.java:86)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.EditTemplateDialog.onShellCreated(EditTemplateDialog.java:130)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:103)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.doAddTemplate(MainWindow.java:1496)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.access$7500(MainWindow.java:133)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow$58.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:1182)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5685)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1423)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4953)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4446)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:111)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:52)

Reply 1570 of 1962, by billy043

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-09-07, 16:26:

Are you using a custom DOSBox build, billy043? Maybe DBGL is choking on the contents of your dosbox.conf, somehow.

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, I was using Dosbox ECE r4358. I have just installed standard dosbox and set that as default. That has resolved the issue.

I can still use Doosbox ECE with no issues if I switch the profile to use it.

Many thanks for your help.

Reply 1572 of 1962, by billy043

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is my dosbox-ECE.conf

Happy to provide any further information if it helps.

Sorry for the late reply - got lots going on at the moment.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox-ECE.conf
    File size
    22.34 KiB
    Downloads
    89 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1573 of 1962, by overload86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all: thank you for this amazing Launcher!
Would it be possible to have a checkbox to allow mounting the whole dosroot folder by default and have profiles be relative to that?

And then we could also use 2 fields in the DOSbox version configuration for "always run these commands before the game" and "always run these commands after the game" (or just the same 4 fields as in every profile, but globally for a specific dosbox version)

This way we could have a "saves" folder besides dosroot and could just "mount C ..\saves -t overlay" for versions that support it, which will create new files only in the saves folder.

It would also allow me to have 4dos start beforehand, use BTM files for custom menus, use dbgl for windows 3.11 games or even change the cursor repeat rate with "mode con rate=32 delay=1"

Reply 1574 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi overload86,

overload86 wrote on 2020-10-01, 14:41:

First of all: thank you for this amazing Launcher!

Thanks!

Would it be possible to have a checkbox to allow mounting the whole dosroot folder by default and have profiles be relative to that?

And then we could also use 2 fields in the DOSbox version configuration for "always run these commands before the game" and "always run these commands after the game" (or just the same 4 fields as in every profile, but globally for a specific dosbox version)

You should be able to do this already using a template, in which you mount "." as C drive. A template also has fields for 4 'Custom commands'. Mark this template as the default and you should be good.

This way we could have a "saves" folder besides dosroot and could just "mount C ..\saves -t overlay" for versions that support it, which will create new files only in the saves folder.

It would also allow me to have 4dos start beforehand, use BTM files for custom menus, use dbgl for windows 3.11 games or even change the cursor repeat rate with "mode con rate=32 delay=1"

Overlay mounts are not yet supported in DBGL, but it is being worked on.

Reply 1575 of 1962, by overload86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-10-01, 18:14:

You should be able to do this already using a template, in which you mount "." as C drive. A template also has fields for 4 'Custom commands'. Mark this template as the default and you should be good.

That is terrific and it works. The only thing that is a shame about this is, that I can't ALSO use another template then, for example for Tandy games and would have to edit all of them to include my changes. Being able to only load changes from the default config or being able to include the 4 'Custom command' fields and a default mount inside the DOSBox version settings would be preferable. But this is workable of course.

rcblanke wrote on 2020-10-01, 18:14:

Overlay mounts are not yet supported in DBGL, but it is being worked on.

Well with the solution you gave me, I have no problem using the overlay feature to be honest. The game mounts "." (dosroot) as drive C and in the "Before launch" options I simply "mount C ..\saves -t overlay"
Worked like a charm on the 2 games I tested it on right now.

Edit: BTW exporting profiles always results in an error message stating "null is an invalid node value" happens whether I try to export the profiles only or the games with it and always results in a 0kb file inside 'export\'

Reply 1576 of 1962, by overload86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Where do you save which native Platform programs get started before and after? It's certainly not in the config...

Edith says: I found it inside the db folder in the file "database.script"

Now the question is: if I can't select multiple profiles and add before and after "native to Platform" commands, is it possible to have a template with only those commands, then when I select multiple profiles I can simply reapply my mt32 template with the right commands. As it stands now, even though the template only contains these as changes and doesn't touch a single setting, as soon as I click the "Reload Settings" button it changes everything to my dosbox.conf settings...

Please haaaalp xD

Reply 1577 of 1962, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi, rcblanke, it's time to thank you for your excellent front-end. Now that I have completely migrated from Windows to Linux, I have started using DBGL as the frontend in Linux. In Windows I am used to D-Fend Reloaded, for which there is no Linux port.

Just one thing, - I prefer to compile programs myself in Linux, and if not asking too much, will it be possible to include the INSTALL readme file in the source code, on detailed guide including the dependencies, to compile the program in Linux?

Thank you.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1578 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@overload86: haaaalp is underway

@Malik: Thanks! Regarding compilation -- the only thing you need is a recent Java SE Development Kit (aka JDK, version 8 or newer) and Apache Ant and the DBGL source. Extract the source code into any folder, open up a Terminal and enter that folder, type 'ant'. Compilation should commence and when finished (~30 sec.) , a directory called 'dist' should then contain the packages for the various platforms. A MacOS .dmg can only be compiled on a Mac. Personally, I run Ant from inside Eclipse since it comes bundled, but it should not make a difference. I have no idea what the minimum supported Ant version is, though. In case you're only interested in building for the Linux platform, you may want to run 'ant distlinux' instead.

Reply 1579 of 1962, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rcblanke wrote on 2020-10-19, 15:50:

@overload86: haaaalp is underway

@Malik: Thanks! Regarding compilation -- the only thing you need is a recent Java SE Development Kit (aka JDK, version 8 or newer) and Apache Ant and the DBGL source. Extract the source code into any folder, open up a Terminal and enter that folder, type 'ant'. Compilation should commence and when finished (~30 sec.) , a directory called 'dist' should then contain the packages for the various platforms. A MacOS .dmg can only be compiled on a Mac. Personally, I run Ant from inside Eclipse since it comes bundled, but it should not make a difference. I have no idea what the minimum supported Ant version is, though. In case you're only interested in building for the Linux platform, you may want to run 'ant distlinux' instead.

Great. I'll do the above procedure. Thank you again, rcblanke!

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers