Topic actions

Reply 1580 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

0.93 beta2 is now available with the following changes:
* No longer crash DBGL on DOSBox configuration mismatch, just log the problem and disable the controls (billy043);
* Fix Pouet images from https://content.pouet.net;
* Implemented Native Custom Command multi-editing (overload86);
* Implemented Template loading as opposed to reloading (overload86);
* Polish translation update from ZeroX4;
* Updated included Mac DOSBox build to Dominus' latest (0.74-3-3);
* Updated SWT, HSQLDB and Apache Commons libraries.

I've also started with 'overlay' mount support, but it requires more work.

All the latest files. To upgrade, fetch dbgl.jar and the new libraries in the lib folder.

Ronald

Reply 1581 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
overload86 wrote on 2020-10-01, 21:45:

...exporting profiles always results in an error message stating "null is an invalid node value" happens whether I try to export the profiles only or the games with it and always results in a 0 kb file inside 'export\'

Can you please run DBGL using dbglcons.cmd and share the stacktrace output from the console whenever the aforementioned problem occurs? That should help me in determining the cause of the issue.

Reply 1582 of 1968, by overload86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-10-21, 19:30:
overload86 wrote on 2020-10-01, 21:45:

...exporting profiles always results in an error message stating "null is an invalid node value" happens whether I try to export the profiles only or the games with it and always results in a 0 kb file inside 'export\'

Can you please run DBGL using dbglcons.cmd and share the stacktrace output from the console whenever the aforementioned problem occurs? That should help me in determining the cause of the issue.

Warning: null is an invalid node value
java.lang.RuntimeException: null is an invalid node value
at org.dbgl.util.XmlUtils.addElement(XmlUtils.java:69)
at org.dbgl.service.ImportExportProfilesService.createProfileElement(ImportExportProfilesService.java:288)
at org.dbgl.service.ImportExportProfilesService.export(ImportExportProfilesService.java:212)
at org.dbgl.service.ImportExportProfilesService.export(ImportExportProfilesService.java:202)
at org.dbgl.gui.thread.ExportThread.<init>(ExportThread.java:65)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.wizard.ExportDialog.onNext(ExportDialog.java:105)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.WizardDialog.goForward(WizardDialog.java:104)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.WizardDialog$2.widgetSelected(WizardDialog.java:70)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4195)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1037)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4012)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3612)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:111)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow$11.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:401)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4195)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1037)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4012)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3612)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:111)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:52)

Reply 1583 of 1968, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there!

I just spent a little time to test out DBGL 0.92.
My question is how can I enable GLSL Shaders?

No matter what I choose under Display-General-Output (I guess it should be OpenGL?) - under Experimental Options the GLSL Dropdown menu stays grayed out, I can't click it to choose a shader. If I click the small button next to it I can choose a shader out of my shader folder, but that shader does not get used so there is nothing visible.

Last edited by rotaxt on 2020-11-01, 11:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1584 of 1968, by overload86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rotaxt wrote on 2020-10-29, 12:59:
Hi there! […]
Show full quote

Hi there!

No matter what I choose under Display-General-Output (I guess it should be OpenGL?) - under Experimental Options the GLSL Dropdown menu stays greyed out, I can't click it to choose a shader. If I click the small button next to it I can choose a shader out of my shader folder, but that shader does not get used so there is nothing visible.

Are you using a DOSBox version that has GLSL shader support? To my knowledge mainline Dosbox-SVN should support them from version r4319 onwards and Dosbox-ECE, Dosbox-X and Dosbox-Staging also support them.

Reply 1585 of 1968, by psoma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi - first up, thanks for the great work on DBGL... am using it to build up my collection of "Every DOS game I've ever played" which is, errrrr, sizable.

Funny bug however. For the last week or so, it has stopped returning screenshots. Cover art still works fine, but no screenshots are returned from a Moby search. Have ticked and unticked both the screenshots and cover art options to no effect (well, unticking cover art stops returning cover art too), and have just tried a completely fresh installation and am experiencing the exact same symptom - cover art is returned but no screenshots. I know the screenshots are there as I'm manually going to Mobygames and downloading them as a workaround, but has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers!

Reply 1586 of 1968, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
overload86 wrote on 2020-10-29, 22:15:
rotaxt wrote on 2020-10-29, 12:59:
Hi there! […]
Show full quote

Hi there!

No matter what I choose under Display-General-Output (I guess it should be OpenGL?) - under Experimental Options the GLSL Dropdown menu stays greyed out, I can't click it to choose a shader. If I click the small button next to it I can choose a shader out of my shader folder, but that shader does not get used so there is nothing visible.

Are you using a DOSBox version that has GLSL shader support? To my knowledge mainline Dosbox-SVN should support them from version r4319 onwards and Dosbox-ECE, Dosbox-X and Dosbox-Staging also support them.

Hi!

Thank you, with Dosbox-ECE & Dosbox-Staging I can pick GLSL-Shaders now. And both seem to work fine with DBGL. I think both of these versions support also MT32 & Soundfonts? I will try later. With Doxbox-X I have problems. It doesn't matter which version I choose, when I try to add it in DBGL under "Dosbox versions", choosing the right path and click ok - I always get the error message: "The Dosbox executable...is missing or unreadable" + "The Dosbox configration file (dosbox.conf) is missing or unreadable".

Does anybody of you has a working combo of DBGL & Dosbox-X?

Reply 1587 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the feedback people. Here's beta3:

* Fixed fetching MobyGames screenshots due to recent change at mobygames.com (psoma)
* Prevent possible "null is an invalid node value" error when exporting (overload86)
* Refactored parts of GUI code to simplify things

All the latest files. To upgrade, just update dbgl.jar.

Ronald

Reply 1588 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rotaxt wrote on 2020-11-01, 11:39:

...With Doxbox-X I have problems. It doesn't matter which version I choose, when I try to add it in DBGL under "Dosbox versions", choosing the right path and click ok - I always get the error message: "The Dosbox executable...is missing or unreadable" + "The Dosbox configration file (dosbox.conf) is missing or unreadable".

First create a correct dosbox.conf in your dosbox-x folder by just running dosbox-x.exe and using the command "config -wcp -all dosbox.conf" like this:

dosbox-cmd.png
Filename
dosbox-cmd.png
File size
46.76 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Then, make sure to define the path and the executable in DBGL for dosbox-x.exe like so:

dosbox-x.png
Filename
dosbox-x.png
File size
35.58 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1589 of 1968, by psoma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-11-01, 19:40:
Thanks for the feedback people. Here's beta3: […]
Show full quote

Thanks for the feedback people. Here's beta3:

* Fixed fetching MobyGames screenshots due to recent change at mobygames.com (psoma)
* Prevent possible "null is an invalid node value" error when exporting (overload86)
* Refactored parts of GUI code to simplify things

All the latest files. To upgrade, just update dbgl.jar.

Ronald

Magnificent - thank you Ronald!

Reply 1590 of 1968, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-11-01, 20:12:
First create a correct dosbox.conf in your dosbox-x folder by just running dosbox-x.exe and using the command "config -wcp -all […]
Show full quote
rotaxt wrote on 2020-11-01, 11:39:

...With Doxbox-X I have problems. It doesn't matter which version I choose, when I try to add it in DBGL under "Dosbox versions", choosing the right path and click ok - I always get the error message: "The Dosbox executable...is missing or unreadable" + "The Dosbox configration file (dosbox.conf) is missing or unreadable".

First create a correct dosbox.conf in your dosbox-x folder by just running dosbox-x.exe and using the command "config -wcp -all dosbox.conf" like this:
dosbox-cmd.png

Then, make sure to define the path and the executable in DBGL for dosbox-x.exe like so:
dosbox-x.png

thank you so much rc - that works 😀

two more things:

1.)can you please test glsl-shaders in dbgl when using dosbox-x. if i use dosbox-ece for exmple and switch to opengl/openglnb in dbgl all glsl-shader work like a charm. if i do the same with dosbox-x and choose a glsl-shader it will not be used when starting a game!?

2.) how can I enable soundfonts with dosbox ece and dbgl? in my old 0.81 revision of dbgl combined with dosbox daum i just copied, for example, FluidR3_GM.sf2 into the dosroot folder. in the audio settings of dbgl I chose mpu-401: intelligent & midi-device: synth. in the config field below i wrote: FluidR3_GM.sf2 - that's it, the soundfont is running. if I do the same steps in dbgl 0.93 beta together with dosbox ece set as standard I only get soundblaster sound. the game itself ("setmuse" - sam'n'max) has the right midi audio-settings. do I need to activate soundfonts in another way nowadays?

Reply 1591 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1) DOSBox-x uses a (afaik) non-standard output mode 'default'. Try setting it to opengl, seems to work for me;
2) add 'fluidsynth' to the possible [midi] devices values, and select it in your profile like so

step1.png
Filename
step1.png
File size
57.79 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
step2.png
Filename
step2.png
File size
86.99 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1592 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I upgraded to 0.92 yesterday on Windows and noticed that the thumbnails, whilst preserved, don't show up correctly:

Snip20201107_25.png
Filename
Snip20201107_25.png
File size
133.72 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Clicking on them shows them correctly, so I don't think it's a problem with the images themselves.

I have dbgl on a NAS where I access it via SMB on Windows or also on OSX; I thus added the OSX lib files necessary (swt related) and could also start it there without problems, however the thumbnails render in the same way (in fact, the screenshot is from the OSX version but it's equivalent to the Windows one).

I did (carefully, I hope) overwrite the existing files as not the break my existing configurations and apps/games itself seem to work fine, it's just the thumbnail rendering.

Did I do anything wrong during the upgrade?

I don't recall the previous version TBH, might have been from 2018…

thanks!

Reply 1593 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Odd thing; it looks like the screenshot height in px somehow got messed up. Please check File -> Preferences -> GUI options tab, 'Screenshots, Height' and choose a reasonable amount, such as 300px. Then restart DBGL to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please share the contents of your DBGL 'settings.conf', maybe that will give some insight in the cause of the problem.

Reply 1594 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-11-08, 12:00:

Odd thing; it looks like the screenshot height in px somehow got messed up. Please check File -> Preferences -> GUI options tab, 'Screenshots, Height' and choose a reasonable amount, such as 300px. Then restart DBGL to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please share the contents of your DBGL 'settings.conf', maybe that will give some insight in the cause of the problem.

Ok, this is getting stranger. Granter, I didn't use the OSX version that often and I certainly simply never had the need to access the top menu in OSX but in fact I can't open any of the menus 😅

Not a blocker though, I figured I can just use CMD-. on OSX to get to the options!

However all the settings (height) looks fine to me, I also tried changing/restarting the app but no change.

So I'm sharing the `settings.conf` => https://pastebin.com/8x1H3gir

Is it possible something got corrupted because, via the network, I'm essentially "sharing" one dbgl installation directory with two OSes (Win, OSX)? I'm not running them simultaneously, just sometimes I'm on my MacBook and want to play, sometimes on Windows.

thank you!

Reply 1595 of 1968, by rotaxt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2020-11-03, 20:15:

1) DOSBox-x uses a (afaik) non-standard output mode 'default'. Try setting it to opengl, seems to work for me;
2) add 'fluidsynth' to the possible [midi] devices values, and select it in your profile like so

step1.pngstep2.png

thanks rc 😀 !

Reply 1596 of 1968, by psoma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using the latest beta, I'm unable to select "direct3d" as the output type for Dosbox-X. I've added direct3d to the dynamic options list and the settings.conf file, but it won't come up as a menu option of the GUI (as it does for DosBox DAUM). Is there something I'm still not doing or doing wrong? I must admit, I don't quite understand where it gets these values from and how it knows what the DosBox versions support (because DosBox-X definitely supports Direct3D).

Cheers,

Tom

Reply 1597 of 1968, by Alexis78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there.
I am coming from using D-Fend Reloaded from years to stop playing old video games now that I returned to start play them I found that D-Fend Reloaded is no more updated (sigh). So I just find that there is this front end called DOSBox Game Launcher and I am new to It.

I am trying It a bit, I don´t know how It works, and I will be playing with It and asking here when I have some questions.

Reply 1598 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not that different to D-Fend Reloaded. If anything I appreciate that it is multi-platform and that the interface is less cluttered.

But again, they both are built around the same program, DOSBox, so that implies the options and its usage are pretty similar.

Reply 1599 of 1968, by Alexis78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to import my D-Fend Reloaded configs to DBGL so I won´t need to manually configurate one by one all my games but I am not doing it right or I don´t know how to do It properly. I will apreciate some help, maybe a step by step? I am trying but, well, I don´t get It.