Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1360 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

..And 090beta2 is now available with the option to override the default executable file for a DOSBox version, which can be handy (for example when using DOSBox-debug builds).

All the latest files
To upgrade from an alpha or beta build, update the dbgl.jar as usual

Reply 1362 of 1962, by pantercat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I cannot run neither beta1 nor beta2 version. No problem with Alpha 7. I'm using debian testing.

$ ./dbgl 
Launching DBGL using 64-Bit VM 11.0.3 on Linux v4.19.0-5-amd64amd64, HSQL Database Engine 1.8.1.3, SWT v4922gtk
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils
at org.dbgl.service.FileLocationService.<clinit>(FileLocationService.java:60)
at org.dbgl.model.FileLocation.<init>(FileLocation.java:41)
at org.dbgl.service.SettingsService.<init>(SettingsService.java:46)
at org.dbgl.service.SettingsService.<init>(SettingsService.java:30)
at org.dbgl.service.SettingsService$SettingsServiceHolder.<clinit>(SettingsService.java:58)
at org.dbgl.service.SettingsService.getInstance(SettingsService.java:62)
at org.dbgl.service.TextService$TextServiceHolder.<clinit>(TextService.java:30)
at org.dbgl.service.TextService.getInstance(TextService.java:35)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.<init>(BaseDialog.java:97)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.SizeControlledDialog.<init>(SizeControlledDialog.java:36)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:152)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:52)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
... 12 more
$

Thanks! 😀

Reply 1363 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oops, I forgot to mention I've updated a few libraries. Please take all jars from the lib directory and replace these in your existing DBGL lib folder. Thus, when updating from an alpha build, also update all jar files in dbgl/lib.

@Neville; thanks for asking, I'll try to produce a list of new lines to translate soon.

EDIT

New lines:
215-218, 335, 416-418, 460, 600-601, 624-625, 704, 756-763, 768, 850, 912
(Minor) changes in lines:
204, 206, 279, 361, 910-911

Please note that all MessageBundle_lang.properties files are now using UTF-8 encoding (thus you will no longer require native2ascii to convert text into unicode anymore). So make sure that you're editing the translations using an editor capable of reading and writing UTF-8!

Reply 1365 of 1962, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm going to need some clarification on some concepts... what do these options do? I'm not familiar with them.

dialog.template.surfacenpsharpness = Sharpness in surfaceNP mode
dialog.template.collapsemode = Collapse mode

Reply 1366 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From the ECE documentation:

[…]
Show full quote
#              output: What video system to use for output.
# Some values are aliases for output-scaler combinations:
# surfacepp and openglpp -- pixel-perfect scaling;
# surfacenp -- near-perfect scaling via bilinear interpolation;
# surfacenb and openglnb -- nearest-neighbor scaling.
# Possible values: surface, surfacepp, surfacenp, surfacenb, overlay, opengl, openglnb, openglpp, ddraw.
# surfacenp-sharpness: Sharpness for the 'surfacenp' output type,
# Measured in percent.

Maybe the programmer who implemented surfacenp into ECE can give you more information and a better description.

As for 'collapsemode' - I apparently forgot to take this out of the translation files, it is no longer being used. Will be removed in the next beta build.

Reply 1367 of 1962, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, then. I think I got everything.

Attachments

• Filename
    MessagesBundle_es.zip
    File size
    15.21 KiB
    Downloads
    95 downloads
    File comment
    Spanish translation for DBGL v0.90 Beta 2
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1369 of 1962, by krashd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Maybe explain with a screenshot?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BUlqZSNF5GA … QfKBLkf6UCoCAoP

I want to take all of the games in that folder and place them in the GAMES folder in the middle. The only way I can see to do this is by removing each game from DBGL and then re-adding them individually after I have moved them, but if I could edit the path where DBGL expects to find the .conf file in each game directory I would not have to remove and re-add each game, I could simply update the database with the new .conf locations.

Reply 1370 of 1962, by Crysli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ krashd: Sorry I have previously posted a wrong/incomplete solution but I have removed the post immediately.
I tried the following and it seems to work, should be safe but maybe @rcblanke can tell if it can give problems, because you have to manually edit the database file.

If you want to try I recommend you to first make a backup of the database folder and the folder with the games.

Then:
Open the database.script with Notepad++.
Look through the file and select all the lines that contains the path of the config files and the links path of your games, for example lines like this:

INSERT INTO GAMES VALUES(471,'007 - License to Kill',18,12,103,0,0,'',FALSE,'','','','','','','dosroot\_2\471.conf','captures\471',4,'dosroot\_2\_Doc\License to Kill - Manual.pdf',.............

Select all of this lines, then from the Search menu select Replace...
In the window that open, make sure you have the checkbox "In selection" ticked and the search mode as Normal.
In the box "Find what:" type the path you have actually, for example, if you have your games in the dosroot folder, like in the line above, type "dosroot" (without the quotes),
then in "Replace with:" type "dosroot\games".
Click on Replace all, this should change all the path of all the selected lines to the new one (in this case the line above should changes to dosroot\games\_2\.....).

At this point you can move all your games to the GAMES folder, and from DBGL you should be able to open any links you have configured in the profiles, but for the game to work you must
modify even the executable path in the config file of each game. To do this:

- Open Notepad++
- Open the Search menu.
- Select "Find in files...".

Insert the following in each box (without quotes, also note there is a space beetween cd and \):

- In Find what: "cd \" (Assuming your games is in the root folder, otherwise you have to modify this line accordingly).
- In Replace with: "cd \GAMES\".
- In Filters: "*.conf".
- In Directory: select the folder where all your games are.
- Check the "In all sub-folders" option.
- Select the Normal search mode.

At this point click "Find all" and make sure the number of files found is the same as the number of your games.
If this is the case, reopen the Search - Find in files menu (all the parameters you have inserted should be already in place, otherwise retype it) and this time click the Replace in files.

Now all the config files should have the game path modified.
Try to launch some games in DBGL.

Let me know.

Reply 1371 of 1962, by krashd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's the sort of thing I was looking for, I'll try that in the coming days when I'm back home. It never even dawned on me to try and open the DB file with notepad as I assumed it would be jibberish.

Reply 1372 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Crysli, krashd - I guess that ought to work. Basically you're manually performing "Profiles->Migrate profiles". However, that feature was specifically built to move all games into DBGL's dosroot directory, while you're instead moving your games into a different folder. I'll see if this can be changed in order to make it more generic.

I've updated both 0.82 and 0.90 builds for the newly released DOSBox 0.74-3. DBGL 0.90beta3 also features the updated translations from Neville, and some other minor textual corrections.

If no serious bugs are found, I'll probably release both versions within the coming days.

Reply 1373 of 1962, by rosaastrum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for all your hard work, I really love DBGL and the constant development it receives.

Is there any way to revert .90's behaviour to store games locally within the folder on Linux again? Having things stored in the user's home directory is a neat feature, but I'm after a more portable experience like I had with .082. Thanks again!

EDIT: I figured out that I can get what I want simply by creating a .dbgl symlink in my /home folder, but it would be nice if there were a more supported way to do this.

Reply 1375 of 1962, by rosaastrum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Hi rosaastrum,

You can have the old behaviour by editing the dbgl shell script, please see DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Fantastic! I totally missed that post while reading this thread, thank you very much. 😀

Reply 1376 of 1962, by pantercat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I think I found another bug.
If I import a game profile, it does not matter which version of dosbox I select, dbgl always associates the profile with the first version of dosbox in the list.
Also if I try to associate the profile to any version other than dosbox 074-2, dbgl closes. No error messages on console, no segfaults, just closes.
I'm using debian testing and dbgl 090beta3.
Regards,

Reply 1377 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pantercat wrote:

Hi, I think I found another bug.
If I import a game profile, it does not matter which version of dosbox I select, dbgl always associates the profile with the first version of dosbox in the list.

Thanks for the report, pantercat! Did you select an item in the list on the left ("DOSBox version(s) in the import") prior to selecting an item on the right("Version(s) currently installed")? If not, DBGL will not register your selection. I'll change the behaviour a little bit so that the first item in the left list is selected by default, and thus one cannot make this mistake any more.

pantercat wrote:

Also if I try to associate the profile to any version other than dosbox 074-2, dbgl closes. No error messages on console, no segfaults, just closes. I'm using debian testing and dbgl 090beta3.

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this crash, can you please explain at what moment exactly the crash takes place? Also, please try running DBGL from inside a terminal (by running ./dbgl), it will most likely produce a stacktrace when you can make the crash happen. That will definitely help fixing the issue.

Reply 1378 of 1962, by pantercat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, the first item in the left list is already selected by default, at least on my system.

I've recorded what I do with ffmpeg and I've uploaded the video to youtube. I'll send you an e-mail with the url, I hope this helps.

Sometimes dbgl closes with a java exception BTW

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 69 out of bounds for length 11
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:248)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:372)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:458)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.wizard.ImportDialog.onNext(ImportDialog.java:229)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.WizardDialog.goForward(WizardDialog.java:103)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.WizardDialog$2.widgetSelected(WizardDialog.java:69)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5874)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:5138)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4663)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:121)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.doAddProfile(MainWindow.java:1433)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.doImportProfiles(MainWindow.java:1747)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow.access$1100(MainWindow.java:121)
at org.dbgl.gui.dialog.MainWindow$7.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:354)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:5874)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:5138)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:4663)
at org.dbgl.gui.abstractdialog.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:121)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:52)

Thanks for your time 😀

Reply 1379 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you pantercat, your video and stacktrace are really helpful. Both the crashbug and the incorrect dosboxversion selection registration in the importer are fixed in 0.90beta4.