DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

General information and assistance with DOSBox.

Re: DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Postby Neville » 2019-9-24 @ 17:42

rcblanke wrote:@Neville: I guess Dosbox-X should be usable in DBGL, but (many?) of its 'special features' will not be configurable. Apart from the 'machine' setting, what other settings would you like to see in DBGL? Maybe I can add them in.

I've just done a quick test... I've tried adding "pc98" to the machine switches using the "dynamic settings", but couldn't get it to work. Having DOSBox-X boot from the floppy images is easy, I used the PC Booter option in the Mounting section. If anything, DBGL could recognise the extensions used by PC-98 emulators, such as FDD, FDI or D88.
Neville
Oldbie

Postby Savoury » 2019-9-25 @ 16:32

Hi Roland, thanks for the response and you are certainly welcome to link to the PPA from the DBGL website. Both DBGL and DOSBox in that PPA are published for Ubuntu Xenial (16.04), Bionic (18.04) and Disco (19.04) at this point, so that should cover a lot of Ubuntu users. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions about the packaging, as and when you have time to check out the PPA yourself.
Savoury

Postby jaygame1 » 2019-10-07 @ 01:08

I like to have my DOSBox installation boot to a game menu by default. The only problem is if I set my config file, then it messes up my game shortcuts. Is there a way to get the game configs to override the DOSBox autoexec for just the game shortcuts...?
jaygame1

Previous

Return to DOSBox General