VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 660 of 1962, by Vynce

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm running into a similar problem with launching a game. DBGL appears to be looking for a lower case Dosbox executable (dosbox), but the actual case of the bundled Dosbox executable is mixed (DOSBox).

I fixed this by renaming the bundled Dosbox executable to be lower case.

Reply 664 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I've just uploaded another testing build; DBGL 0.69b. This new build has quite a few changes, so please make a backup of your existing DBGL data before upgrading. What's new:

* Highly improved multi-profile-editing; selecting multiple profiles to edit will open the profiles editing dialog as usual, showing the common settings or greyed-out settings that differ among the profiles. You can then change the settings as you like (as you would normally do with a single profile) and the changes will be marked with a red label. After pressing OK a new dialog will pop up to allow you to cancel the changes, or actually alter all selected profiles.
* Multi-editing will still allow you to change the dosbox version, or query the MobyGames database for game information.
* Implemented mixer volume helper dialog as suggested by leileilol
* Hopefully fixed case-sensitive Mac filesystem problems reported by Vynce
* Fixed nullpointer-exception in the filter editing dialog mentioned by code120
* Fixed undo MobyGames prefilling for custom9 field
* Italian translation update from code120
* hsqldb updated to 1.8.1.3

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• Filename
    ss1.png
    File size
    29.16 KiB
    Downloads
    2203 downloads
    File comment
    The new multiprofile editing window. Note the fields marked dark-red (conflicting settings, thus left blank/greyed) and light-red (altered)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ss2.png
    File size
    32.26 KiB
    Downloads
    389 downloads
    File comment
    The new mixer volume dialog to assist you in writing a mixer command
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 665 of 1962, by Googly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone.
I just bought a new PC with Win7 64--bit installed.

I wanted to see if I could run my old games over DOSBOX, but then I saw your great front-end program and thought I should give it a try.
Because I use a 32-bit browser (Firefox) I downloaded the 32-bit Java (version 6 update 21) and your associated 32-bit front end
However when I try to run dbgl.cmd I get a java is not recognised error, although I am certain it is installed, as the java website verified it, and I can run the Java control panel just fine.

I am sure there is some simple mistake, but any assistance would be appreciated - I'd like to try running ROTT and Quarantine on my new rig soon 😀

Reply 667 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still, that is a bit odd, Googly, don't you have a java.exe in c:\windows\system32? If not, try adding the directory to which you installed Java (something like c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\) to your path environment. It should work just fine then. If you still cannot get it to work, use the small launcher program mentioned on my website (note 3).

Reply 669 of 1962, by Googly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Still, that is a bit odd, Googly, don't you have a java.exe in c:\windows\system32? If not, try adding the directory to which you installed Java (something like c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\) to your path environment. It should work just fine then. If you still cannot get it to work, use the small launcher program mentioned on my website (note 3).

Java is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ folder, and not the C:\windows\system32\ folder

I am not sure what you mean by adding a directory to my "path environment"
How would I do this?

Reply 670 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Googly, just type "environment" into the start menu. One option that will show up will be "Edit environment variables for your account". Choose that and edit the variable named PATH in the popup dialog. Append ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\" (without quotes) to the currently defined setting. Confirm the changes and try DBGL again.

Last edited by rcblanke on 2010-10-29, 09:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 671 of 1962, by guyr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I try to run dbgl on my mobile (Nokia N900). There is a debian chroot with all java stuff (i think),
but this a armel architecture (not x86) ... The java i use is java-6-openjdk/jre. I install those
packages : libswt-gtk-3.4-jni, libswt-gtk-3.4-java, libswt-gnome-gtk-3.4-jni.
I get this error when running dbgl in chroot :
[user@deb-m5v3d: /home/opt/dbgl]./dbgl
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Decorations
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:336)
Could not find the main class: org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow. Program will exit.

Reply 672 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wait.. you're trying to run DBGL on a phone.. okaaaaaaaaaayyy 😀

Are you using the latest test build? Did you get the linux package, with the swtlin32.jar and swtlin64.jar files in the lib subdirectory? If not, please do download it and try running that.

EDIT:
Hmm, looks like your Nokia (Maemo) target is not officially supported by SWT, but you can give http://user.fh-frankfurt.de/~rc9000/maemo_swt/ a try; simply take the latest official DBGL distribution, and overwrite the swt.jar in lib with the jar file offered on that website.

Reply 674 of 1962, by Googly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Googly, just type "environment" into the start menu. One option that will show up will be "Edit environment variables for your account". Choose that and edit the variable named PATH in the popup dialog. Append ";C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ folder" (without quotes) to the currently defined setting. Confirm the changes and try DBGL again.

It worked!

I had no PATH variable, but I created one then put in the windows path you described and now it loads!

It tok me a while to get a hang of the UI, but not I have ROTT up and running again

Thanks for your help. 😁

Reply 676 of 1962, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a small request for next version, could you possible increment the number of floppy disk images that can be loaded at the same time with DBGL to three? I mean the slots in the mounting menu. That should fix an uncommon game I came across recently. I'm not sure it qualifies as a booter game, but it needs a DOS 3.1 floppy to be loaded beforehand. That and the two game disks make three.

Reply 678 of 1962, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1) Virtual Floppy Drive won't work with my copy of Windows 7 x64, not even with the x64 files in their site.

2) Using the "boot" command, even plain vanilla DOSBox can swap floppies with Ctrl+F4, I tried a few booter games this afternoon and it works. What I don't know, however, is if there's any limitation in the number of floppy images DOSBox can handle at the same time. The highest numer I've tried is 3.

Reply 679 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

I have a small request for next version, could you possible increment the number of floppy disk images that can be loaded at the same time with DBGL to three?

No problemo.. done.

Last edited by rcblanke on 2010-11-01, 21:36. Edited 1 time in total.