VOGONS

Common searches

Thank You!

Topic actions

First post, by Llewen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wanted to say, I set up and ran DOSBox 0.70 for the first a few days ago on my new computer, and it ran flawlessly, "out of the box". Thank you to whoever it is that has poured themselves into this, it is definitely one of my favourite things right now.

Part of my joy was in discovering that my brother had my old original Fantasy General cd, which was what worked flawlessly on DOSBox. I expect he also has the original manual somewhere, which will be fun to find as well.

Basically all I had to do to get it working with DOSBox was add the mount commands to the autoexec section, along with the commands to change directories and start the game, then create a batch file to startup up DOS Box loading the right configuration file. In fact, I probably would have to say it was easier getting it to run on DOSBox than it was getting it to run in the first place on DOS itself ten years ago...

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Nice to hear that Llewen.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, while we are at it, allow me to also express my gratitude!
I always was more of a windows 98/ dos prompt tweaker and never really used dosbox. but with windows 98 getting problematic with new hardware and software, and the processors getting fast enough for dos emulation: using dosbox seems to get all the more practical for keeping my classic games going.

PS. Llewen if you can't find the manual of fantasy general:
here is the PDF: http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2144

Reply 4 of 5, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You are right, doesn't work for me either....
well then: uploaded my copy (will remove it after a few weeks though):
- EDIT: deleted the link as requested below -

Last edited by gerwin on 2007-06-17, 15:36. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerwin wrote:

(will remove it after a few weeks though)

If so, please remove your link from here, when done.
I'm tired about such dead links in forums... 😒

Klimawandel.