VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by micmic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By searching I found a few threads about this but no definitive answer. I'm running the Watcom debugger under DOSBox and it works just fine in a window. I currently adjust the windowed resolution and I don't have a real problem, so the following are just minor quirks which I mention out of curiosity:

1) In both windowed and fullscreen modes, the mouse cursor is confined to the upper half of the screen when I use a 50 lines text mode. With 25 lines it's OK.

2) In the TFT monitor there appear the well-known black bars at the top and bottom of the screen and the image is compressed. In the CRT of course it's fine. I've seen this discussed in a few other threads but found no workaround. Is there any ?

Thanks

Reply 3 of 7, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is your TFTs native resolution? Could it be 1280x1024 by any chance? In that case, black bars may be correct, because 1280x1024 TFTs are taller than a CRT (simply speaking).

Apart from that, you should check out the "fullresolution" setting, maybe playing with that gets you further.

Reply 4 of 7, by micmic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's 1024x768, an ordinary 17" TFT.

I tried various "fullresolution" values to no avail. Eg, when I set it to 1024x768, the image appears with black bars all around, not scaled at all. With lower resolutions, it still has top and bottom black bars.