Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 2220 of 2280, by Avenger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
twiz11 wrote:

well if you drag the whole folder "terminator" into d-fend, most of the time its got a pre-configured profile, like if you drag and drop quake or doom...

I figured out the problem.

Since the additional commands section only has a single line to enter text you have to seperate each command with "&&" characters or else D-Fend interprets it as one single command which obviously doesn't work once DOSBox boots.

Reply 2221 of 2280, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I have found that in Windows 10's High Contrast mode, the "Choose File" buttons in Profile Editor>Profile and Starting section don't open, does nothing when clicked. But disabling High Contrast and the buttons work normally. The buttons in Profile Editor>Directories work regardless though.

DFend_2019-03-05_17-27-16.jpg
Filename
DFend_2019-03-05_17-27-16.jpg
File size
100.4 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 2222 of 2280, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GalaxyHigh wrote:

I've hit a problem when trying to view games in Screenshot mode. If I try this view (which has been working fine up until now) the "user defined information" fields start to cross one another and half of games it can find do not displaying their thumbnail images or pop up in the wrong field. (Please see attachment to make sense of this rambling).

I'm getting an error message stating "Access violation at address 004F6379 in module 'DFend.exe'. Read of address <variable 8 letter string>" for games catalogued under W and a different address message for games begging with X.

I haven't had this problem before, but I too have just hit it. Please tell me what to do, I can't view any screenshots in DFR. Sure, I can view them directly in the folder, but to be honest - screenshots are the main reason why I use DFR, I feel into a screenshot-collecting mania...

Edit: I checked further and this bug only appears for the "Book of Unwritten Tales" series. I don't know why, these are not the only games which don't even need DFR (that is, modern Windows games*), but I have created DFR profiles for them just to keep screenshots...

*By the way: running Windows 3.x games now seems much harder than running DOS games...

Edit 2: please help... I found what is different: the screenshots which trigger this bug were made with another program. I normally use IrfanView for catching screenshots in non-DOS games, but somehow it didn't work in BoUT 1 and "The Critter Chronicles" (prequel. I played the games according to plot chronology, that is, "Critter Chronicles", BoUT 1, BoUT 2). What sets these games apart is that they don't have a windowed option, to turn off fullscreen I had to install a hex editor and change a tiny bit in the code - perhaps it has something to do with the game not accepting IrfanView. I used Gadwin PrintScreen instead. However, superficially there's nothing different about these screenshots - the same size, same format (PNG)...
BoUT 2 accepts IrfanView. I decided to check it after a short while of playing the game, switched to this program and yup, the later screenshots which were made in IrfanView open just fine in DFR, no bugs...
I'll try a simple solution: cutting the image, pasting to a new file - just in "Paint XP for Windows 7" (my basic graphic editiing program - I just can't use new Paint) - and I'll see how these new files work... But please respond anyway.

Reply 2223 of 2280, by widhie75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Latest version of dosbox (v0.74-3) has been release on June 2019.

any plan of d-fend reloaded will release next version ?....... 1.45 maybe?

Reply 2227 of 2280, by Dagar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alberthamik wrote:

I sure hope D-Fend Reloaded comes back to life for 0.75, I had problems getting it to work with SVN builds.

What problems?

Working fine for me with the latest SVN, latest ECE and vanilla.

Reply 2233 of 2280, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
IIGS_User wrote:
kolderman wrote:

Delphi. Ugh.

So no chance you could pitch into the development?

I had some strange belief it was in .NET. I would have to research what tooling I even need to build this thing. Is it worth keeping Delphi project alive? Will it be supported on modern Windows going forward? Maybe rewriting in PyQt would be better, but I don't have that much time.

Reply 2234 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolderman wrote:

Is it worth keeping Delphi project alive? Will it be supported on modern Windows going forward? Maybe rewriting in PyQt would be better, but I don't have that much time.

Nö. Probably, starting from scratch would be the better option then.

D-Fend, D-Fend Reloaded, D-Fend Renewed?

Klimawandel.

Reply 2236 of 2280, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dagar wrote on 2019-09-10, 12:30:
alberthamik wrote:

I sure hope D-Fend Reloaded comes back to life for 0.75, I had problems getting it to work with SVN builds.

What problems?

Working fine for me with the latest SVN, latest ECE and vanilla.

For example, inability to select shaders, Voodoo 3dfx or DirectX.

Reply 2237 of 2280, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Would love to see something that is updated to support official and SVN builds, plus some of the popular forks like ECE/DOSBox-X.

I keep thinking I should try to take a stab at it, but then I realize that C++ probably isn't the best language, and that I know nothing about good UI design.

(Edit: And also I don't have a lot of time either)

Reply 2238 of 2280, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
HunterZ wrote on 2020-05-08, 21:22:

Would love to see something that is updated to support official and SVN builds, plus some of the popular forks like ECE/DOSBox-X.

I keep thinking I should try to take a stab at it, but then I realize that C++ probably isn't the best language, and that I know nothing about good UI design.

(Edit: And also I don't have a lot of time either)

If only it was written in C++. It is written in Delphi 🙁

Reply 2239 of 2280, by krcroft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dosbox Game Launcher is actively supported by rcblanke, and is getting regular updates for various fork features. Also can scrape metadata and box art, which is really nice.

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)