VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by davek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all. They are using dosbox to run an old application where I work. It works suprisingly well with just a few problems. One particularly frustrating problem is the numlock toggling itself off although the light stays on. You can toggle it on and off and then it will work. You input most of your data with the number pad and this has caused me more than a few errors. I tried both settings in the config file for "use scancodes" and all the settings for output VGA device.

This morning I played a bit and found that it seemed to toggle itself whenever you minimized the window (and, I think, on startup). I added "numlock=on" to the config file and I set the second priority setting (used when minimized) to "pause".

This *seemed* to fix things. I won't really know till I give it a day or three's worth of work. Having the thing pause while minimized will open up some new problems for me though.

We are using the latest dosbox with the mega-build.

Anyone have any more info on numlock problems?

Reply 1 of 4, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try using a build that uses source code from after the 10th of September. I just saw that a patch "fix numlock/capslock status on focus loss" was checked in on that day.

EDIT: Just to make this clear, I'm not a DOSBox developer myself. I just checked the CVS logs.

tearex

Reply 3 of 4, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You could try ykhwong's build:

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/page.htm

This build integrates several experimental patches, however, which might or might not work.

There used to be a straight CVS build offered by AEP but that doesn't seem to exist any more.

It is pretty easy to compile DOSBox yourself if you're at all familiar with compilers. On Windows, Visual C++ Express is a free download from Microsoft. On Linux, it simply boils down to four commands:

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install

tearex