VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sheldar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running 0.72 on a Powerbook Pro I purchased last year. It is fairly current and runs dual processor (Intel.) I helped set up my father on an older Dell computer running XP. We both play MOO exclusively and I am confused why his machine can run around 30000 frequency while I am lucky to get 3500 to work. In MOO this means I am limited to tiny and small galaxies while he is running all the way up to huge.

I am running OS X 10.5.6 and get a warning about one of the libraries being deprecated (don't remember exactly which but it my be quatro library.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get better performance out of this?

Reply 4 of 5, by darkgamorck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What output mode are you using? When I was using OS X on Macbook Pro, OpenGL looked good, but ran like crap. overlay always seems to be the way to go from a performance perspective my experience. The same goes for windows.

Reply 5 of 5, by Sheldar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I will have to try the output change to Overlay, I am not sure which I am using right now. I did figure out the biggest issue. I was using 0.60 or 0.62 version of Dosbox. I had the newer versions on my machine but the shell script which launched MOO was older and pointed to the old location.

After some tweaking, I am running dynamic cpu and 60000 (instead of 7500.) I will continue to tweak to see if I can get anymore speed out of it, but this is encouraging as I can play MOO on "Huge" now. Yeah.

Thanks all for the help.