VOGONS

Common searches

Screenshots of the current CVS

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Screenshots of the current CVS:

Here are some screenshots of games playable with the current CVS:

please post comments and questions about them in
showthread.php?s=&threadid=2328

Remember no support is offered for this version

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 95, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Great job. This game was one of the biggest troublemakers because of memory needs. Worked in pure DOS only and usually after much tweaking. I have read tons of complains in the various forums.

Attachments

• queen.png
    Filename
    queen.png
    File size
    43.26 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 12 of 95, by Profound_Darkness

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

WOOT! thx RJPA for making builds available ('cause I can never get anything from CVS to compile)...

ALIEN LEGACY!!!
it works! (sorta!)
I am trying to find the right cpu cycles still, too few and the game crashes (not the emu, the game), too many... and well my comp is only a 1900+ (amd athlon xp)...

There seems to be a latency issue with sound (intro movie was out of sink by about 1-2 seconds at some points). Also the video is all quite fast (yeah!) but when I go into the exploration screen it is painfully slow (slower than conectix vpc even which is what I have been playing this on).

Finaly: in both versions (the .58 and latest cvs build) I have to ask what video mode you are using 'cause my display distorts realy insanely... luckily I have a pretty darned good monitor and was able to bend things back into shape with geometry functions...

THANK YOU ALL!!! There are several games that both me and my stepfather have been looking to play again like duke3d... and I wouldn't mind running through kings quest 5 and space quest 4 again (yeah I was a sierra nut).

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    Filename
    4.jpg
    File size
    68.18 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 13 of 95, by Tentacle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm happy with Zak running finally on my box, now even with sound, which I couldn't activate in DOS, and my version of Zak did not run with scummvm, either.

But now I finally may be able to play it (have to test game-saves). I did hold back playing "day of the tentacle" until now, because I hoped to be able to play Zak Mc Kraken first, and now my wish comes finally true, thanks to "dosbox"!

Attachments

• zak.jpg
    Filename
    zak.jpg
    File size
    52.96 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 14 of 95, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Profound_Darkness How the heck did you get this to work?

For Duke3D, don't bother. While I'm sure it's a good "game compatibility test", you can save yourself some grief and just use one of ports mentioned in the Problem Children thread.

Reply 16 of 95, by Tentacle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With a cvs-version, protected mode is now working. Watch the "angel of darkness" playing its harp.

Its a little slow to play, but thats not my point in running this game... if this game runs (and it does very well), I want to believe its likely that anything runs!

Attachments

• lara.jpg
    Filename
    lara.jpg
    File size
    18.55 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 17 of 95, by parapente

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

...is now playable! 😁
It plays really good and with sound. A couple of touches on ctrl+f12 will bring the game up to its real speed (at least the speed I was used to when I played it on my 486 😉 ).

Attachments

• snap0001.png
    Filename
    snap0001.png
    File size
    19.15 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 18 of 95, by Blue Lightning

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just noticed the other day that dosbox runs on Linux (woot!) so I thought I'd give it a try. Seeing this topic I went straight in and used the CVS version. Here are the results with various games in case anyone's interested:

• Doom: (the obvious test!) seems a bit slow, but works.
  • The Legacy: Microprose horror RPG from 1993. Works very well indeed, and this used to be a pain to get working in DOS due to it needing lots of conventional memory free. Seems to have a funny way of playing audio as there's a noticeable click at the start and the end of playing sound effects. Also takes ages to load a game. Still, very playable. Screenshot below.
  • Stunts: works well.
  • System Shock: froze up after starting.
  • Squarez: works well (man, I've been wanting to play this for ages! It's free now, as is Jetpack - see here).
  • Jetpack: works well.
  • Brix: works well.
  • Major Stryker: works well.
  • Galactix: works well.
  • Halloween Harry (aka Alien Carnage): some fading issues - screen is drawn, then fades out, then fades back in, when it should just fade in. Intro works with music etc, but then the game freezes when it gets to the main menu.
  • UFO (aka XCOM): crashed dosbox with "unsupported feature". Tried running go.exe as well, but that crashed back to DOS leaving it in VGA mode and then froze.
  • Hexxagon: works well.

All in all, I'm very, very impressed. I never got this level of success with DOSEMU. Well done, and thankyou!

Attachments

• snap0027.png
    Filename
    snap0027.png
    File size
    19.53 KiB
    Views
    File license