VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Philip J. Fry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First, let me say congratulations for developing this truely awesome program, it's great to be able to once again play classic Sierra Adventures without the hassel of timer bugs! I am having some problems, so I thought I'd drop by the ol' forum:

- Music output is very choppy, is there a patch or a tweak to the settings to fix this?

- On some games, sound effects output is coming out as a loud burst of static, is there a patch or tweak to the settings for this?
(games affected by static: Space Quest 5, Freddy Pharkas, Quest for Glory 3, Leisure Suit Larry 6)

Reply 1 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Originally posted by Philip J. Fry - Music output is very choppy, is there a patch or a tweak to the settings to fix this? - On […]
Show full quote

Originally posted by Philip J. Fry - Music output is very choppy, is there a patch or a tweak to the settings to fix this?

- On some games, sound effects output is coming out as a loud burst of static, is there a patch or tweak to the settings for this?
(games affected by static: Space Quest 5, Freddy Pharkas, Quest for Glory 3, Leisure Suit Larry 6)

Dude. One game at a time. ESPECIALLY for Sierra games. They tweaked and modified the way their games used audio and other system resources with every game release. So, even with DosBox, there's no "all-in-one" fix.

Do a quick search for Sierra +Larry, Pharkas, etc... and you'll see fixing each one can be an adventure in and of itself.