VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gamer9999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i can play uw1 & uw2 just fine with music but not speech.
here is the info on my soundcard:
SoundMAX integrated digital audio
resource settings:
I/O Range E400-E4FF
I/O Range E080-E08F
Memory Range FFA7F800-FFA7F9FF
Memory Range FFA7F400-FFA7F4FF
IRQ 17
so i ran uwsound.exe and i see where to change the irq,dma,and port for speech but i cannot tell from the info above what i would change these settings to except for irq that is obviously 17 but what would my dma and port be?
thanks in advance
gamer

Reply 2 of 4, by jonner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've succeeded in running both Ultima Underworlds with both OPL and wave audio. The details you posted about your particular sound card are irrelevant, since DosBox provides its own emulated sound hardware. Just tell the game that you have a SoundBlaster. These are the values I have in my DosBox configuration file:

[sblaster]
# Sound Blaster related options.
base=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
sbrate=22050
enabled=true
adlib=true
cms=false
cmsrate=22050

These are mostly default, but check your config file. Then, just run uwsound inside DosBox and give it the same values. I think I only had to change the IRQ for wave audio.

Reply 3 of 4, by gamer9999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks guys for the replies not sure how to use vdmsound yet downloaded everything but not tried.
got music and speech now all i did was change the settings in uinstall on both uw 1&2 from sb pro to sb and now it works.
now all i have to do is figure out why it dosbos closes on me after playing for a few minutes.
thanks again
gamer