VOGONS

Common searches

ZMBV Codec with VeeDub x64 (VirtualDub 64bit)?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Logite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am able to load movies into VirtualDub after installing the ZMBV codec provided with DosBox. However when I'm trying to use the 64 bit version of VirtualDub (aptly named VeeDub64), they provide me with the error message I get with VirtualDub 32-bit without the ZMBV codec.

I need to use the 64bit version of VirtualDub so I can encode movies with x264. Is this a known problem, and if so, is there a solution?

Thank you!

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I *guess* the codec is 32bit only, thus you cannot use it for 64bit programs. Workaround is probably to encode it with a 64bit codec.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I mean zmbv and I think there is no 64bit version. What I meant is that you might need to encode the zmbv movie with 32bit virtualdub to any other codec and then encode with veedub64.
A quick googling did show me however that you can encode to x264 on 32bit, btw. You might need to find the right x264 built though. The german x264 wikipedia page had some good information on this.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 5, by dosdog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah! The penny drops. I was in this same situation and couldn't for the life of me work out why the various codecs I was installing weren't making a difference to VirtualDub 64. Installing a parallel 32-bit version of VirtualDub now.. thank God for Dominus and VOGONS!