VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mordrid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wanted to throw a "GREAT JOB GUYS!" to the devs of DOSBox. You guys are doing a superb job. Remeber that for every complaint you get, there are probably 100 users like me that love what you're doing.

Most of my old DOS games are working great with v0.60. Won't be long until I can finally dismantle my old secondary PC ( a 486 with SB AWE32). Only reason I even have it now is because of some of Origin's games (Wing Commander 1-4, Privateer 1-2, Strike Commander).

Keep up the good work!:D 😁 😁 DOSBox is by far the best solotion for old school gamers!

-Dj
"Mordrid"

Reply 2 of 12, by Kain

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Too bad I posted a positive comment and i got closed down.

Athlon Xp 1700+ @ 1.833ghz
ASUS A7N8X v1.4
Crucial 256mb Pc 2100 @ 166 mhz
Chaintech GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb
Western Digital 40gb WD - 400
Windows 2000 Professional
Creative SB Live! 5.1 Dolby
Maxtop Case w/ 350w PSU

Reply 3 of 12, by Isak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I must admit I have absolutely nothing to complain about either. I played Rings of Medusa for the first time in 10 years yesterday, and had no problems whatsoever (well, apart from sucking at the game now 😀 ).

DOSbox is absolutely brilliant work, and I can say that after trying out a few emulators for other platforms over the years. Thanks

Reply 4 of 12, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't believe I didn't think of starting this thead 🙁

I very quickly fell in love with DOSBox. It felt so good writing cd\games\oldgames\goblins3 again!
I just admire you DOSBox team for your job. The idea of DOS virtual machine instantly got me, and now I check VOGONS everyday.

Great job people! I wish you all goodness, may you thrive, success, and may the gods protect your descendant!

Oh and, did I mention I love DOSBox?

Last edited by ChaosFish on 2003-11-20, 19:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 10 of 12, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well count me among one of the happy peeps 😁
Thankyou to everyone involved for a great piece of software!
I'm glad I kept a 5.25" floppy drive around to copy off all the ancient ones 😜

Reply 11 of 12, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

to add to the happiness:

I saw Dosbox on the front cover of "Chip Special" (polish edition) and almost the whole one unit out of four units in the magazine is devoted to Dosbox (the rest of the magazine is about optimalization of WinXP) 😀

and you can see it here:

http://special.chip.pl/

the picture is so small that you have to believe me that at the bottom of the cover there is Aladdin in dosbox 0.60

Last edited by robertmo on 2003-11-26, 15:52. Edited 1 time in total.