VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My mouse works fine in Space Quest IV, V, VI, and King's Quest V, VI, and VII, but it doesn't work in the older games such as Space Quest I, II, or II, or King's Quest I, II, III, or IV.

For example, in King's Quest I SCI, I can see the white crown mouse cursor, but I can't manipulate it at all. Even if I press ctrl+F10 to try and force the mouse to lock, it still doesn't work. The mouse will not lock on the window if I click on it while playing this game, but even if I manually lock it, I cannot move the cursor. What could be the problem?

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The AGI games did not have mouse support. The crown means wait. If it does not change, the game may be locked up.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
collector wrote:

The AGI games did not have mouse support. The crown means wait. If it does not change, the game may be locked up.

That would explain it.. Does that include the SCI remakes?

Reply 3 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SQ3 and KQ4 have mouse support. Just make sure you run INSTALL.EXE and enable the mouse.

You can also try ScummVM (another project).

On the topic of AGI games, try out the Apple II GS versions. They have superior sound (and mouse support)! And on the PC set DOSBox to Tandy mode so you get the slightly better Tandy sound.