VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by plavozont

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you thought of creating a site where people could play DOS games online like many other sites where you can play flash games online. You could use google chrome Native Client plugin or a flash port of DosBox for this. Some games could be free, some of them could be demos and some games which are not free could go with commercials of the company that created that game and it still exist, to give a chance to play that game for free and give you some profit too. Maybe then developing of DosBox would go a little faster 🤑

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If you'd learn how to code and take a shot at dosbox sources development would go faster, too.

Seriously, how will creating and maintaining such a thing make development faster? To the contrary, it would take a lot of time setting this up that it works and to maintain it. Not to mention the lawsuits and fines that will take a lot of time and money when the copyright holders step in (even free games and demos have copyright holders that don't necessarily like such an action with their IP).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by plavozont

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What i meant to say - more money more enthusiasm for developing 😀 On-line gaming sites bring a lot of money I guess. And your friend gog.com has some relations with copyright holders 😉 they could help you with it! You can start with some small experiment like a "game preview" in a "Compatibility" section of dosbox.com, add there a link to the video at "http://www.pixelships.com/adg/"... And what company would refuse to use their old, dusty, all forgotten, game to advertise themselves and pay you some money for bringing this to life. Seriously all that flash games are so stupid and amateur-made, DOS games are much better, DosBox is downloaded by so many people, you'll have a success!
I actually know how to code but I don't think it's a matter of "taking a shot" at dosbox sources !!!

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

As I wrote it would mean less time left for coding. I wouldn't label gog exactly as dosbox friends and what you suggest would make gog and dosbox competitors...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh dear... Another one of those "I've got a plan to make you rich!" smarta**es. If those guys only knew how stupid they sound with their grand schemes...