VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Maniaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a problem with the game Jazz Jackrabbit. When I save a game, whenever I load the game again, I don't have my weapons from the last save. How do I fix this?

Reply 3 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"On real hardware" means when you run the program without using DOSBox (i.e. on a computer that can run DOS programs).

It is distinctly possible that the game is behaving as it was programmed and that this is not a DOSBox problem.

Reply 4 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah it's not like it's a crisis to just start with a blaster when there's easy availability of weapons. It's more of a session continuing convenience, not for savescumming. DOSBox should not affect game design.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Then try asking someone who does have real hardware. Or asking on any of the multitudinous Jazz Jackrabbit forums out there. I would check it myself, but I don't have the relevant stuff handy.

I can tell you that despite this being a fairly well-known game, no one has ever mentioned this problem before and that it is in all likelihood not a DOSBox problem, but is just how the game was designed.

Reply 8 of 8, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I probably shouldn't even reply to this since it doesn't seem you did anything of what was proposed above. Anyway, you're not going to get any solution to your "problem". A simple 10" google search confirms above posts and reveals that this is not a problem, the game IS designed this way. Knowing that, another 10" of proper thinking helps understanding WHY this is happening (and IMO totally makes sense).