VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by frajan99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings all.
I am attempting to install an old Gamehouse game in dosbox on my Samsung 2019 Tab A tablet.
The game is called Wordslinger, and i have been playing it since early 2oo6.
I downloaded the dosbox turbo and dosbox manager app from the Google Play store and have installed both
on the tablet.
I have copied the WordSlinger folder from my win8.1 pc on which it is running without any problems.
I have run dosbox manager and made a profile for the game and that .conf file is in the same location on the tablet
as WordSlinger Both are in the Downloads folder.
When i start dosbox from the manager, my tablet loads the Welcome screen in dosbox followed by the following:

DosBox Turbo for Android
Drive C is mounted as local directory /storage/emulated/0/Download/
Directory name is longer than 8 characters and/or contains spaces.
try cd WordSl~1
Illegal command: WordSlinger.exe
c:\>

Okay - realised the 8 character was an error.

Redid the conf. file and this is now what I get:

DosBox Turbo for Android
Drive C is mounted as local directory /storage/emulated/0/Download/
Illegal command: WordSlinger.exe
C:\WORDSL~1>

My autoexec.bat file is as follows:

Filename
Autoexec.txt
File size
331 Bytes
Downloads
47 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hoping someone may be able to offer some advice.
Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 4, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I'm counting it right 'WordSlinger' is also more than 8 characters long so it's definitely not a valid DOS executable name.
I do not know this game specifically but if 'WordSlinger.exe' is the name of the main executable of the game then it's 100% sure that it is not a DOS game. Also if something was released in the 2000's the chance that it was written for DOS is practically zero.
Where do yo get your information from that you need DOSBox to run this software? DOSBox (as its name suggests) is only for DOS programs, not for Windows games.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 2 of 4, by frajan99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
There is no specific info on running this game in dosbox, it was mostly an attempt on my part
as the family will be travelling overseas for some three months and I had hoped it would
work on the tablet we are taking.
Guess we are out of luck there.
Once again, thanks for your reply.
Have a nice day.
Cheers

Reply 3 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
frajan99 wrote:

DosBox Turbo for Android

Note that these forums are for the support of official DOSBox. You should ask for help from the people that you got this unofficial build.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers