Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolano wrote:
emendelson wrote:

Hrm, are any of the vDOS patches ported back over to any of the alternate DOSBox builds (DOSBox-X, Ykhwongs, etc.)? I understand the devs "games only" position, but would like to see more comprehensive DOS emulation, since it seems like vDOS strips out much of the hardware support provided by DOSBox.

Jos Schaars rewrote a tremendous amount; you can look at the sources, but I don't think there's anything there that can be transferred back to DOSBox - at least not without an enormous amount of effort.

Reply 21 of 24, by OptimalDesigns

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
emendelson wrote:

mount g e:\tools\vb\temp

This wont fly ... it would be the second MOUNT.
SUBST g: e:\tools.vb\temp
Works sometimes ... found my PATH stmt was pointing to %winDir%\system32 ... changed that to %winDir%\system and it worked for a few runs. Now its back to saying 'Illegal MOUNT'. Checked my PATH, its still %winDir%\system. I have had several PATH stmts in different Batch files and I'm removing all but one as I find them. That is the main change made for my different runs. But PATH cmd in DOSbox shows my path as '... c:\windows\system'. So that checks out good. How does one know which version of SUBST.exe is being run; i.e. from what directory?

Any Ideas where or what to do next?

Phil

Reply 22 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

why does this "not fly"?

this works:
mount f e:\tools\vb
mount g e:\tools.vb\temp

Or what are you trying to do *exactly*?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 24, by OptimalDesigns

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

this works:
mount f e:\tools\vb
mount g e:\tools.vb\temp

Not in my DOSbox.exe nor according to the manual. I finally got mine working ... PATH was and is the problem. I need more directories in the PATH so added them. With these dir.s added DOSbox wont work as w/o the extra dir.s, why? DOSbox isn't finding the right SUBST.exe file for my cmd.s:
Mount F E:\tools.vb\ ...
Subst G: F:\temp
When DOSbox gets the right SubSt.exe file, all works.

Phil

Reply 24 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It should perfectly work, it just seems you are only wanting to make it a certain way...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper