VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by crisw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using DBGL and DOSBox on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.6. I came back to DOSBox/DBGL after not using them for a while when I upgraded to Catalina. The only game I play is Master of Magic. I set up the same files I had been using in the past (and that I use on a Windows machine with no problems) and I can't get the mouse to lock. My regular cursor is visible on screen and I can use it to drag around the game's cursor, but neither work on their own. Ctrl-F10 doesn't work because on a Mac it's mapped to turn the volume down. I never had this problem in the past.

I tried turning autolock both on and off and neither worked. I also tried fullscreen vs. not- no difference.

Any ideas of how to get my mouse to behave?

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
crisw wrote on 2020-10-15, 03:32:

Ctrl-F10 doesn't work because on a Mac it's mapped to turn the volume down.

Use fn+ctrl+f10 when you have set the F keys to the other functions (like volume, brightness etc)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by crisw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote on 2020-10-15, 07:58:
crisw wrote on 2020-10-15, 03:32:

Ctrl-F10 doesn't work because on a Mac it's mapped to turn the volume down.

Use fn+ctrl+f10 when you have set the F keys to the other functions (like volume, brightness etc)

I tried that; it didn't work either. I also tried setting my mouse preferences so the F keys aren't mapped to those functions and it still doesn't work. As I mentioned, it worked in the past so I'm not sure what changed.

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

What version of Dosbox are you using? It's really odd since I can't reproduce it

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 5, by crisw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote on 2020-10-15, 20:45:

What version of Dosbox are you using? It's really odd since I can't reproduce it

0.74-3.

I also tried downloading a few other games and the mouse doesn't work for any of them.

Reply 5 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I've had to make three more versions of 0.74-3, so please try the latest 0.74-3-3.
But it seems something is preventing the mouselock and that is likely a third app.