VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by anerdshen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

I'm finding this forum as I'm starting to use DOSBox to run an old physics simulation code. My task this morning was to set up the configuration file. I first found the Wiki for DOSBox, and I feel like the description of how to access the configuration file could use some updating. Something like:

For the most recent version, go to the Windows Start Menu, and navigate to the "DOSBox" Folder. Within the folder, click on the "DOSBox 0.74-3 Options" menu item. This will open the configuration file, which for version 0.74-3 is located in "<UserName> \AppData\local\DOSBox", but that is subject to change in future releases.

Also, huge kudos to whoever designed this forum site. It's super slick. Except for the "Preview" button for the post editor, that seems to be broken for me.

Reply 2 of 2, by anerdshen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't! It's not an issue that the information isn't available, it's that it's inconsistent between pages. I still think the page should be updated, and since it only requires a few sentences to describe the process, I think it should be included on the page. An acceptable alternative is to delete the current text and just link to the page that you mentioned.