VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by scrufy12parsecs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

I'm running DOSBox 0.74-3, which I installed from package on the latest version of Mint GNU/Linux. I'm trying to install MS-DOS in DOSBox, which I'm close to completing. Where I'm getting stuck is being able to swap disks in the installation. Ctrl-F4 opens another TTY, since I'm on GNU/Linux instead of swapping disks. Is there another key combination that I can use or define? Does my autoexec.bat look correct? When I start DOSBox from the shell, I can see that it's loaded each installation disk and don't see anything that stands out as an error. Thanks for taking the time to offer some advise.

My autoexec.bat

imgmount a "/home/scm/OS/MS-DOS/Disk1.img" -t floppy

imgmount c "/home/scm/OS/DOSBox/MS-DOS.img"

boot "/home/scm/OS/MS-DOS/Disk1.img" "/home/scm/OS/MS-DOS/Disk2.img" "/home/scm/OS/MS-DOS/Disk3.img"

Reply 2 of 5, by scrufy12parsecs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2021-06-01, 01:48:

The standard version of DOSBox does not support floppy swapping. You need an SVN version for that.

Thank you Jorpho for your reply! That saves me a lot of time. I'll look into that.

Reply 3 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also all the DOSbox binaries in distribution repositories are quite old and buggy as hell, you're better off compiling from source for standard DOSbox

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 5 of 5, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
scrufy12parsecs wrote on 2021-06-01, 01:08:

... I'm trying to install MS-DOS in DOSBox ...

But why? No DOS games would demand a true MS-DOS to play. You could just mount a folder and start playing DOS games right away. That's the beauty and simplicity of DOSBox for DOS games and you don't seem to appreciate that ... 🤣.