VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BerserkKittens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I mounted an iso of the game Targhan and while it works fine, it can't save the game, saying "Error :write" on the top left and crashing back to DOS if I press any buttons afterwards. I thought maybe running as admin would give dosbox permission to write, but that didn't avail me... Does anyone know if there's anything I should do if I want to save the game from an iso file? In case I am doing something wrong, the command I use is:
"imgmount d E:\(my dosbox directory)\Targhan.iso -t iso

d:\

Go.exe"

Here's an image of the error before it boots me to dos https://preview.redd.it/6vw1jhshvwm71.png?wid … 04ca52c145db9d2

Reply 2 of 4, by BerserkKittens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2021-09-11, 18:07:

You need to mount a C: drive in addition to D:, and possibly install the game onto the C: drive.

See the 60 Seconds Guide in the guides section of the forum.

Thank you for responding!
I tried that. Install.bat in the iso creates a folder in C: called "TARGHAN" but it's empty. https://i.imgur.com/LB5ryAI.png

EDIT: I half fixed it by opening the iso with 7zip and manually moving the files to the empty folder that INSTALL.BAT created. Still don't know WHY install.bat wasn't able to copy the files over though, would be thankful if someone could educate me.

Reply 3 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It needs XCOPY in the path. You can get the XCOPY external program from MS-DOS or FreeDOS. However, it just copies the file and folder structure, which you seem to have done manually.

Reply 4 of 4, by BerserkKittens

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2021-09-11, 18:59:

It needs XCOPY in the path. You can get the XCOPY external program from MS-DOS or FreeDOS. However, it just copies the file and folder structure, which you seem to have done manually.

Thank you, I got xcopy.exe from free dos and now I can install it at will.