VOGONS

First post, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been using the ARM64 port of DOSBox for a while now (with DOSBox-X) and while a lot of things just work, there are a few things that don't. Quake (from Phils DOS Bench suite) crashes on launch, PC Player Benchmark uses a completely wrong camera angle, and the demo Sunflower from Pulse displays vertical glitch bars. When I run the same version, same build, but the one compiled for Intel x64, it works as it should. Same SDL, same OS, same build version.

I know there are more people with these problems, but I could not find an active discussion about this topic on the internet (except for: hah, so M1 still has issues, just use the Intel version, or something similar). Is there anyone on this forum who knows if there still is an issue with the ARM64 branch of the cpu core?

Oh yeah, I also tried every CPU and core type. I tried both SDL versions. Still the same errors. Very weird. I would have expected that it would be the other way around, that the Rosetta-translated x64 code would glitch on a M1 Mac, but the x64 version runs fine, just slow(er).

Reply 2 of 2, by digistorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I see. I am not aware of an ARM64 build for macOS of the SVN version, that is partially why I use the DOSBox-X version. Then I’ll have to bug them a little more, because no one responded on my bug report over there (that is why I assumed that it was maybe a problem with the vanilla cpu core).