VOGONS

First post, by DoomWarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi first i had to say ... THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU... for dosbox 😀

i download cvs from Sourceforge 26.09.2003 and tested Panzer General (SSI) and the game start fine. The Screen change into VESA Mode (but had the cursor problem -> should be fixed now!? -> "disabled iron seed hack. Should fix higres vesa modi")
Today i download cvs again and Panzer General don't start and quiet.
error message : "Failed to load : @:\lib\drv\VESA480.dll"
don't know what cause the problem ? maybe UpCasE problem of the filename ? i use Linux (2.4.20/glibc2.3/SDL1.2.5)

----
sorry of my bad english. I hope i could describe my problem properly 😉

Reply 1 of 3, by parapente

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

By trying cvs code you agree to test code that isn't even supposed to compile successfuly... Even if the devs of dosbox do their best as far as I've seen to keep their code in the best possible condition, many bugs get fixed in cvs but also some may be added by mistake 😉 If you want a reply for something that can be easily answered I would suggest trying the stable versions (which you unfortunately can't do I'm afraid because of the needed vesa support):(

Reply 2 of 3, by DoomWarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i know what cvs ist ! I'm not stupid. (at all 😉 )
i only want to make attentive to this problem.
maybe one of the developer don't notice this problem yet. I think this is the aim of a bug report... isn't it ?

edit: I am nevertheless STUPID... i forget to mount the disc 🙄 so the game works fine in the new cvs version. ...embarrassingly... 😮

----
sorry of my bad english. I hope i could describe my problem properly 😉

Last edited by DoomWarrior on 2003-10-08, 18:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

phew 😀
I'm glad it works.
I was unable to find the game. so I couldn't reproduce the error. It was a severe error and it was recently introduced 😀

But fortunately it wasn't a error.