VOGONS

DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 420 of 1550, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you have to go back quite a while. 4074. I hope it gets commited soon (by the mame people)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 421 of 1550, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

you have to go back quite a while. 4074. I hope it gets commited soon (by the mame people)

Pull Request #? Maybe I can prod some people.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 422 of 1550, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The tandy sound changes are commited. It solves sentinel title music and the kq2 title song and the waves.

Reply 423 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And a new ECE is ready to download: https://dosbox.yesterplay80.net/DOSBox%20ECE%20r4141.7z

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 424 of 1550, by JemyM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Never mind, I figured it out. (I actually didn't but then Qbix came in to save the day)

Last edited by JemyM on 2018-08-27, 17:25. Edited 2 times in total.

Okay, now roll sanity.

Reply 425 of 1550, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

DOSBox -c "Mount C 'C:\My Favorite DOS Games\Personal Nightmare'" -c "c:" -c "cd pnite" -c "test"

Reply 426 of 1550, by JemyM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

DOSBox -c "Mount C 'C:\My Favorite DOS Games\Personal Nightmare'" -c "c:" -c "cd pnite" -c "test"

Awesome! Now I am up and running again. Thank you 😀

Okay, now roll sanity.

Reply 427 of 1550, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

I have another question - I'm not sure if this is something that's more suited for the ECE thread or otherwise, so let me know if this isn't the right place to ask.

I'm using D-Fend Reloaded, and it has an option to center the dosbox window. However, for whatever reason, the dosbox game window ends up not being centered after the resolution adjusts.

I am able to add an environment variable to center SDL windows (and this fixes the problem), but I was wondering if there might be some way to correct for this in a future ECE release without having to set an environment variable?

Reply 428 of 1550, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lukeman3000 wrote:

I am able to add an environment variable to center SDL windows (and this fixes the problem), but I was wondering if there might be some way to correct for this in a future ECE release without having to set an environment variable?

I have gone so far as to request that MinGW add support for a function that would let me center the window programmatically, and the maintainer fulfilled it, yet it might still be unavailable in the Visual Studio run-time.

Other than that, SDL2 supports the centering of its windows.

Reply 429 of 1550, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am not seeing a plain vanilla build on your page. Are you no longer offering one or am I just missing it?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 431 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:

I am not seeing a plain vanilla build on your page. Are you no longer offering one or am I just missing it?

You seem to be missing it, as Dagar said, it's on the website and my Google Drive. Or maybe you were looking for it the exact same second I moved the old ones into the archive folder before uplaoding the new ones. 😀

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 433 of 1550, by inukaze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Linux Version, i can't compile, hi there Yesterplay80.

today i had download DOSBox ECE r4162 (Linux).7z
but i can't compile because i not have a file. there is the output :

Makefile:369: recipe for target 'midi_mt32.o' failed
make[3]: *** [midi_mt32.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
Makefile:369: recipe for target 'midi.o' failed
make[3]: *** [midi.o] Error 1
mv -f .deps/pixelscale.Tpo .deps/pixelscale.Po
mv -f .deps/render.Tpo .deps/render.Po
mv -f .deps/sdlmain.Tpo .deps/sdlmain.Po
mv -f .deps/sdl_mapper.Tpo .deps/sdl_mapper.Po
mv -f .deps/render_scalers.Tpo .deps/render_scalers.Po
make[3]: Leaving directory '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src/gui'
Makefile:444: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece/src'
Makefile:376: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/media/Compartido/Liñux/cdf/dosbox-ece'
Makefile:317: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

i dont know from where i should got that file, and where i must put, to compile this version on :
Devuan (Jessie), Slackware (14.2), Gentoo, ArtixLinux, GoboLinux, Sorcerer Linux.

Reply 435 of 1550, by inukaze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Platform : PC
Operating System : GNU/Linux

i had solved with the follow commands on cli :

git clone https://github.com/munt/munt
cd munt
mkdir build ; cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
make -j
su -c "make install" root

i put on my spanish dosbox tutorial [Work in Progress] -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CGADXR5Cr … dit?usp=sharing

Well i need to know
1) i need 3dfx drivers for msdos games with dosbox-ece ?
2) where i can find a list of games for msdos and/or window9x with 3dfx support ?

Reply 436 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
inukaze wrote:

Well i need to know
1) i need 3dfx drivers for msdos games with dosbox-ece ?
2) where i can find a list of games for msdos and/or window9x with 3dfx support ?

1) That depends on the game, but most games should come with the needed driver included. You don't need any additional driver or mapper.
2: Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.

Reply 439 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
inukaze wrote:

For Windows95 (RTM) and (B) and Windows98SE, which drivers i need for Video and Voodoo ?

Drivers for a S3 Trio and a Voodoo 1 might work.

FYI: I included two new pacthes into DOSBox ECE, now allowing for mapping mouse buttons to keyboard or controller buttons and for separate sensitivity settings for the X and Y axis of the mouse. Settin the Y axis to 0 results in a disabled Y axis, basically which had to be done with the TSR tool novert.com before.