DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 300 of 1550, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
telanus wrote:

the main problem is that the voodoo patch fails on linux last time I tried. I am capable to build both latest svn and dosbox-x

Is there a good instruction for the uninitiated describing how to build DOXBox on Linux? If I could build it on a remote Linux machine via SSH, I would at least try to see what is so Windows-specific about that patch. Have you contacted its author?

Reply 301 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's basically the same as for Windows, you just install all dependencies, download the sourcecode, apply the patches and compile. I already posted all necessary patches and graphics here: VIDEO - 3dfx voodoo emulation (SDL1)

If I find the time this weekend maybe I'll set up a new Linux in a VM and give it another go. Maybe.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 302 of 1550, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there. I was wondering if you would consider adding the OPL-passthrough capabilities which hal and daum builds have enjoyed for years now? Being the happy chappy owner of a CMI8738, going hardware with FM synthesis (tested and working, peekpoke trick and all) takes a huge load off the CPU, allowing for smoother performance of demanding, OPL-capable titles.

Thanks for your time and may you have happy new year 😀

Reply 303 of 1550, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Noticed recently that Hoyle 3 has cropped image (maybe in some other Sierra games, don't know yet), latest ECE build (with or without pixel-perfect output)

scidhuv_000.png
Filename
scidhuv_000.png
File size
4.36 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
scidhuv_002.png
Filename
scidhuv_002.png
File size
26.85 KiB
Views
File license

But in dosbox daum build all works fine

scidhuv_000.png
Filename
scidhuv_000.png
File size
4.42 KiB
Views
File license
scidhuv_001.png
Filename
scidhuv_001.png
File size
28.88 KiB
Views
File license

Also arrow cursor is glitched, i can't click with arrow point only with middle section 😵 And yes, with daum build cursor works as intended..

Reply 304 of 1550, by Spaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In Hoyle 3 you can bypass this problem by starting the game with: SCIDHUV -fw 0 0 200 320. Use lower case on -fw or you will get an error message.

Tested with a few other SCI games and they seem to work OK (Eco Quest and Castle of Dr. Brain)

Reply 305 of 1550, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Spaz wrote:

In Hoyle 3 you can bypass this problem by starting the game with: SCIDHUV -fw 0 0 200 320. Use lower case on -fw or you will get an error message.

Tested with a few other SCI games and they seem to work OK (Eco Quest and Castle of Dr. Brain)

Thanks! Don't know about that command line!

Reply 306 of 1550, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Btw is that with the unpatched build as well ? As that would make it a possible bug in our code

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 307 of 1550, by Spaz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

Btw is that with the unpatched build as well ? As that would make it a possible bug in our code

I have now tested Hoyle 3 on a real DOS machine and the same thing happens there (and yes, also happens in the pure SVN build).

I suspect this is an isolated issue with this particular game.

Reply 308 of 1550, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is also the case with all of the Crazy Nick's Pick games. The switches are included in the official bat files included with the games, such as with King Graham's Board Game Challenge:

@echo off

rem ***********************************
rem ******
rem ****** Play & Play2 written by:
rem ******
rem ****** Thaddeus Pritchard
rem ****** 4/15/1992
rem ****** (c) Sierra On-Line, Inc.
rem ****** All right reserved.
rem ******
rem ***********************************

cls
play2 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
if errorlevel 3 goto end
scidhuv -w 0 0 200 320
:end

So no bug in DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 309 of 1550, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Qbix wrote:

Nah, crisis averted 😊 Sorry!
Seems like i were running this game from scidhuv.exe in dosbox ECE and from hoyle3.bat in daum dosbox 😊
And hoyle3.bat contents is

echo off 
scidhuv -fw 0 0 200 320

Reply 310 of 1550, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey, I can't get this to compile on Mac OS/X. I've rolled vanilla SVN builds on this machine so it "should" work but I hit a bunch of errors.

The first thing I ran into is autogen.sh uses Windows-style line-endings so it didn't run straight away. I just converted the line breaks with dos2unix & it was fine. No big problem, just raising awareness.

I also get a lot of warnings that seem like they shouldn't happen, for example ./render_simple.h:135:61: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]. I don't remember if vanilla SVN throws these.

What actually breaks the build is a missing file from the MT-32 emulation:
In file included from midi.cpp:77:
./midi_mt32.h:7:10: fatal error: 'mt32emu/mt32emu.h' file not found
#include <mt32emu/mt32emu.h>

Do I need to download separate code for that or something?

Here's the full output of make, I have to split it in two posts to comply with the forum's length limit:

$ make
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make all-recursive
Making all in src
Making all in cpu
Making all in core_full
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making all in core_normal
Making all in core_dyn_x86
Making all in core_dynrec
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT callback.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/callback.Tpo -c -o callback.o callback.cpp
callback.cpp:504:43: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("CALLBACK:Setup:Illegal type %d",type);
~~ ^~~~
%lu
1 warning generated.
mv -f .deps/callback.Tpo .deps/callback.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cpu.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cpu.Tpo -c -o cpu.o cpu.cpp
cpu.cpp:348:63: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("Illegal TSS for switch, selector=%x, switchtype=%x",new_tss_selector,tstype);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lx
cpu.cpp:502:36: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("Task switch CS Type %d",cs_desc.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
cpu.cpp:724:75: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("INT:Gate Selector points to illegal descriptor with type %x",cs_desc.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lx
cpu.cpp:754:51: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("Illegal descriptor type %X for int %X",gate.Type(),num);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~
%lX
cpu.cpp:754:63: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("Illegal descriptor type %X for int %X",gate.Type(),num);
~~ ^~~
%lX
cpu.cpp:901:45: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("IRET:Illegal descriptor type %X",n_cs_desc.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lX
cpu.cpp:1058:44: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("JMP Illegal descriptor type %X",desc.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~
%lX
cpu.cpp:1294:49: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("CALL:Descriptor type %x unsupported",call.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~
%lx
cpu.cpp:1352:50: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("RET from illegal descriptor type %X",desc.Type());
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~
%lX
cpu.cpp:1397:50: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("RET from illegal descriptor type %X",desc.Type()); // or #GP(selector)
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~
%lX
Show last 465 lines
cpu.cpp:1508:72: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
if (!cpu_tss.SetSelector(selector)) E_Exit("LTR failed, selector=%X",selector);
~~ ^~~~~~~~
%lX
11 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/cpu.Tpo .deps/cpu.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT flags.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/flags.Tpo -c -o flags.o flags.cpp
mv -f .deps/flags.Tpo .deps/flags.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT modrm.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/modrm.Tpo -c -o modrm.o modrm.cpp
mv -f .deps/modrm.Tpo .deps/modrm.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_full.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_full.Tpo -c -o core_full.o core_full.cpp
mv -f .deps/core_full.Tpo .deps/core_full.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT paging.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/paging.Tpo -c -o paging.o paging.cpp
mv -f .deps/paging.Tpo .deps/paging.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_normal.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_normal.Tpo -c -o core_normal.o core_normal.cpp
mv -f .deps/core_normal.Tpo .deps/core_normal.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_simple.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_simple.Tpo -c -o core_simple.o core_simple.cpp
mv -f .deps/core_simple.Tpo .deps/core_simple.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_prefetch.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_prefetch.Tpo -c -o core_prefetch.o core_prefetch.cpp
mv -f .deps/core_prefetch.Tpo .deps/core_prefetch.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_dyn_x86.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_dyn_x86.Tpo -c -o core_dyn_x86.o core_dyn_x86.cpp
mv -f .deps/core_dyn_x86.Tpo .deps/core_dyn_x86.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT core_dynrec.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/core_dynrec.Tpo -c -o core_dynrec.o core_dynrec.cpp
In file included from core_dynrec.cpp:134:
./core_dynrec/cache.h:503:82: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'unsigned long' [-Wformat]
if (written>block->cache.size+CACHE_MAXSIZE) E_Exit("CacheBlock overrun 1 %d",written-block->cache.size);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
./core_dynrec/cache.h:504:59: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
} else E_Exit("CacheBlock overrun 2 written %d size %d",written,block->cache.size);
~~ ^~~~~~~
%lu
./core_dynrec/cache.h:504:67: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
} else E_Exit("CacheBlock overrun 2 written %d size %d",written,block->cache.size);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
In file included from core_dynrec.cpp:155:
In file included from ./core_dynrec/decoder.h:23:
./core_dynrec/decoder_opcodes.h:1134:10: warning: enumeration values 'LOOP_NONE' and 'LOOP_JCXZ' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
switch (type) {
^
In file included from core_dynrec.cpp:155:
In file included from ./core_dynrec/decoder.h:25:
./core_dynrec/dyn_fpu.h:385:59: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("ESC 3:ILLEGAL OPCODE group %d subfunction %d",decode.modrm.reg,decode.modrm.rm);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
./core_dynrec/dyn_fpu.h:385:76: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("ESC 3:ILLEGAL OPCODE group %d subfunction %d",decode.modrm.reg,decode.modrm.rm);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
6 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/core_dynrec.Tpo .deps/core_dynrec.Po
rm -f libcpu.a
ar cru libcpu.a callback.o cpu.o flags.o modrm.o core_full.o paging.o core_normal.o core_simple.o core_prefetch.o core_dyn_x86.o core_dynrec.o
ranlib libcpu.a
Making all in debug
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT debug.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/debug.Tpo -c -o debug.o debug.cpp
mv -f .deps/debug.Tpo .deps/debug.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT debug_gui.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/debug_gui.Tpo -c -o debug_gui.o debug_gui.cpp
mv -f .deps/debug_gui.Tpo .deps/debug_gui.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT debug_disasm.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/debug_disasm.Tpo -c -o debug_disasm.o debug_disasm.cpp
mv -f .deps/debug_disasm.Tpo .deps/debug_disasm.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT debug_win32.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/debug_win32.Tpo -c -o debug_win32.o debug_win32.cpp
mv -f .deps/debug_win32.Tpo .deps/debug_win32.Po
rm -f libdebug.a
ar cru libdebug.a debug.o debug_gui.o debug_disasm.o debug_win32.o
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_gui.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_disasm.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_win32.o) has no symbols
ranlib libdebug.a
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_gui.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_disasm.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdebug.a(debug_win32.o) has no symbols
warning: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: warning for library: libdebug.a the table of contents is empty (no object file members in the library define global symbols)
Making all in dos
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos.Tpo -c -o dos.o dos.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos.Tpo .deps/dos.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_devices.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_devices.Tpo -c -o dos_devices.o dos_devices.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_devices.Tpo .deps/dos_devices.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_execute.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_execute.Tpo -c -o dos_execute.o dos_execute.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_execute.Tpo .deps/dos_execute.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_files.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_files.Tpo -c -o dos_files.o dos_files.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_files.Tpo .deps/dos_files.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_ioctl.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_ioctl.Tpo -c -o dos_ioctl.o dos_ioctl.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_ioctl.Tpo .deps/dos_ioctl.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_memory.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_memory.Tpo -c -o dos_memory.o dos_memory.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_memory.Tpo .deps/dos_memory.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_misc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_misc.Tpo -c -o dos_misc.o dos_misc.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_misc.Tpo .deps/dos_misc.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_classes.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_classes.Tpo -c -o dos_classes.o dos_classes.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_classes.Tpo .deps/dos_classes.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_programs.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_programs.Tpo -c -o dos_programs.o dos_programs.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_programs.Tpo .deps/dos_programs.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_tables.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_tables.Tpo -c -o dos_tables.o dos_tables.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_tables.Tpo .deps/dos_tables.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drives.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drives.Tpo -c -o drives.o drives.cpp
mv -f .deps/drives.Tpo .deps/drives.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drive_virtual.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drive_virtual.Tpo -c -o drive_virtual.o drive_virtual.cpp
mv -f .deps/drive_virtual.Tpo .deps/drive_virtual.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drive_local.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drive_local.Tpo -c -o drive_local.o drive_local.cpp
mv -f .deps/drive_local.Tpo .deps/drive_local.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drive_cache.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drive_cache.Tpo -c -o drive_cache.o drive_cache.cpp
drive_cache.cpp:523:23: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buffer,"%d",info->shortNr);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
1 warning generated.
mv -f .deps/drive_cache.Tpo .deps/drive_cache.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drive_fat.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drive_fat.Tpo -c -o drive_fat.o drive_fat.cpp
mv -f .deps/drive_fat.Tpo .deps/drive_fat.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT drive_iso.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/drive_iso.Tpo -c -o drive_iso.o drive_iso.cpp
mv -f .deps/drive_iso.Tpo .deps/drive_iso.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_mscdex.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_mscdex.Tpo -c -o dos_mscdex.o dos_mscdex.cpp
dos_mscdex.cpp:718:38: warning: operator '?:' has lower precedence than '+'; '+' will be evaluated first [-Wparentheses]
if (mem_readb(defBuffer+index+iso ? 0x19:0x18) & 4) {
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
dos_mscdex.cpp:718:38: note: place parentheses around the '+' expression to silence this warning
^
( )
dos_mscdex.cpp:718:38: note: place parentheses around the '?:' expression to evaluate it first
^
( )
1 warning generated.
mv -f .deps/dos_mscdex.Tpo .deps/dos_mscdex.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT dos_keyboard_layout.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/dos_keyboard_layout.Tpo -c -o dos_keyboard_layout.o dos_keyboard_layout.cpp
mv -f .deps/dos_keyboard_layout.Tpo .deps/dos_keyboard_layout.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom.Tpo -c -o cdrom.o cdrom.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom.Tpo .deps/cdrom.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom_ioctl_win32.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_ioctl_win32.Tpo -c -o cdrom_ioctl_win32.o cdrom_ioctl_win32.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom_ioctl_win32.Tpo .deps/cdrom_ioctl_win32.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom_aspi_win32.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_aspi_win32.Tpo -c -o cdrom_aspi_win32.o cdrom_aspi_win32.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom_aspi_win32.Tpo .deps/cdrom_aspi_win32.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom_ioctl_linux.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_ioctl_linux.Tpo -c -o cdrom_ioctl_linux.o cdrom_ioctl_linux.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom_ioctl_linux.Tpo .deps/cdrom_ioctl_linux.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom_image.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_image.Tpo -c -o cdrom_image.o cdrom_image.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom_image.Tpo .deps/cdrom_image.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT cdrom_ioctl_os2.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cdrom_ioctl_os2.Tpo -c -o cdrom_ioctl_os2.o cdrom_ioctl_os2.cpp
mv -f .deps/cdrom_ioctl_os2.Tpo .deps/cdrom_ioctl_os2.Po
rm -f libdos.a
ar cru libdos.a dos.o dos_devices.o dos_execute.o dos_files.o dos_ioctl.o dos_memory.o dos_misc.o dos_classes.o dos_programs.o dos_tables.o drives.o drive_virtual.o drive_local.o drive_cache.o drive_fat.o drive_iso.o dos_mscdex.o dos_keyboard_layout.o cdrom.o cdrom_ioctl_win32.o cdrom_aspi_win32.o cdrom_ioctl_linux.o cdrom_image.o cdrom_ioctl_os2.o
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_win32.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_aspi_win32.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_linux.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_os2.o) has no symbols
ranlib libdos.a
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_win32.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_aspi_win32.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_linux.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: libdos.a(cdrom_ioctl_os2.o) has no symbols
Making all in fpu
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT fpu.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/fpu.Tpo -c -o fpu.o fpu.cpp
fpu.cpp:388:58: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("ESC 3:ILLEGAL OPCODE group %d subfunction %d",group,sub);
~~ ^~~~~
%lu
fpu.cpp:388:64: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("ESC 3:ILLEGAL OPCODE group %d subfunction %d",group,sub);
~~ ^~~
%lu
2 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/fpu.Tpo .deps/fpu.Po
rm -f libfpu.a
ar cru libfpu.a fpu.o
ranlib libfpu.a
Making all in gui
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT sdlmain.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sdlmain.Tpo -c -o sdlmain.o sdlmain.cpp
sdlmain.cpp:755:3: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
width, height, sdl.draw.aspect,
^~~~~
sdlmain.cpp:755:10: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
width, height, sdl.draw.aspect,
^~~~~~
sdlmain.cpp:836:50: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
{ sdl.SurfaceInfo.StartUpdate( pixels, pitch ); }
^
3 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/sdlmain.Tpo .deps/sdlmain.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT sdl_mapper.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sdl_mapper.Tpo -c -o sdl_mapper.o sdl_mapper.cpp
sdl_mapper.cpp:565:52: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s axis %d %d",group->ConfigStart(),axis,positive ? 1 : 0);
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:568:49: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s Axis %d%s",group->BindStart(),axis,positive ? "+" : "-");
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:583:51: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s button %d",group->ConfigStart(),button);
~~ ^~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:586:49: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s Button %d",group->BindStart(),button);
~~ ^~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:607:51: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s hat %d %d",group->ConfigStart(),hat,dir);
~~ ^~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:610:49: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"%s Hat %d %s",group->BindStart(),hat,(dir==SDL_HAT_UP)?"up":
~~ ^~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:627:33: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(configname,"stick_%d",emustick);
~~ ^~~~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:685:94: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
LOG_MSG("Using joystick %s with %d axes, %d buttons and %d hat(s)",SDL_JoystickName(stick),axes,buttons,hats);
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:685:99: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
LOG_MSG("Using joystick %s with %d axes, %d buttons and %d hat(s)",SDL_JoystickName(stick),axes,buttons,hats);
~~ ^~~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:685:107: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1622:4: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
key,
^~~
sdl_mapper.cpp:1720:30: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"jaxis_%d_%d%s",stick,axis,positive ? "+" : "-");
~~ ^~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1720:36: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1727:30: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1727:36: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1733:30: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"jbutton_%d_%d",stick,button);
~~ ^~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1733:36: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1739:30: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1739:36: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1745:30: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"jhat_%d_%d_%d",_stick,_hat,_dir);
~~ ^~~~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1745:37: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1745:42: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:1752:23: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buf,"mod_%d",_mod);
~~ ^~~~
%lu
sdl_mapper.cpp:2100:62: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
sprintf(buffer,"key_%s \"key %d\"",DefaultKeys[i].eventend,DefaultKeys[i].key);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
24 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/sdl_mapper.Tpo .deps/sdl_mapper.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT render.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/render.Tpo -c -o render.o render.cpp
render.cpp:525:40: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
E_Exit("RENDER:Wrong source bpp %d", render.src.bpp );
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
render.cpp:585:29: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
LOG_MSG("Frame Skip at %d",render.frameskip.max);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
render.cpp:593:29: warning: format specifies type 'int' but the argument has type 'Bitu' (aka 'unsigned long') [-Wformat]
LOG_MSG("Frame Skip at %d",render.frameskip.max);
~~ ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
%lu
3 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/render.Tpo .deps/render.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT render_scalers.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/render_scalers.Tpo -c -o render_scalers.o render_scalers.cpp
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:98:
In file included from ./render_templates.h:361:
In file included from ./render_simple.h:155:
./render_simple.h:77:19: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
./render_templates.h:22:12: note: expanded from macro 'WC'
#define WC scalerWriteCache.b8
^
render_scalers.cpp:35:2: note: array 'b8' declared here
Bit8u b8 [4][SCALER_MAXWIDTH*3];
^
./render_simple.h:135:61: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]
BituMove(((Bit8u*)line0)-copyLen+render.scale.outPitch*5,WC[4], copyLen );
^ ~
^
^
In file included from ./render_templates.h:477:
./render_simple.h:77:19: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
./render_simple.h:135:61: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:101:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
./render_templates.h:37:12: note: expanded from macro 'WC'
#define WC scalerWriteCache.b16
^
render_scalers.cpp:34:2: note: array 'b16' declared here
Bit16u b16 [4][SCALER_MAXWIDTH*3];
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:104:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:107:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
./render_templates.h:64:12: note: expanded from macro 'WC'
#define WC scalerWriteCache.b32
^
render_scalers.cpp:33:2: note: array 'b32' declared here
Bit32u b32 [4][SCALER_MAXWIDTH*3];
^
^ ~
^
^

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 311 of 1550, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Part 2:

PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:114:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
Show last 600 lines
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:117:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:120:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:123:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:129:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:132:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:135:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:141:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:144:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:147:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:153:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:156:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
In file included from render_scalers.cpp:159:
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
PTYPE *line5 = WC[4];
^ ~
^
^
^ ~
^
^
68 warnings generated.
mv -f .deps/render_scalers.Tpo .deps/render_scalers.Po
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -O2 -MT midi.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/midi.Tpo -c -o midi.o midi.cpp
^
1 error generated.
make[3]: *** [midi.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 312 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:

Hey, I can't get this to compile on Mac OS/X. I've rolled vanilla SVN builds on this machine so it "should" work but I hit a bunch of errors.

ECE differs from vanilla in several files and has some more dependencies, so there's a good chance you might run into more errors, especially on MacOS. I'm pretty sure the voodoo patch will cause some, for example.

xjas wrote:

I also get a lot of warnings that seem like they shouldn't happen, for example ./render_simple.h:135:61: warning: array index 4 is past the end of the array (which contains 4 elements) [-Warray-bounds]. I don't remember if vanilla SVN throws these.

I don't remember having seen those before, but I only work on Windows and might use another compiler or another version of it, maybe that makes the difference.

xjas wrote:
What actually breaks the build is a missing file from the MT-32 emulation: In file included from midi.cpp:77: ./midi_mt32.h:7:10 […]
Show full quote

What actually breaks the build is a missing file from the MT-32 emulation:

Do I need to download separate code for that or something?

You have to compile libraries and have the required files for mt32emu from the sourcecode you can get on SourceForge.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 313 of 1550, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Yesterplay80 wrote:
xjas wrote:

I don't remember having seen those before, but I only work on Windows and might use another compiler or another version of it, maybe that makes the difference.

My first guess is the WriteCache being accessed, which is at max a bit32. Might come from the normal4x 5x scalers. Not sure though. The scalers are quite a fun piece of work.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 314 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

Might come from the normal4x 5x scalers. Not sure though.

That's the only patch messing around with the file render_simple.h, so it has to come from those.

Reply 315 of 1550, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been trying to build DOSBox-ECE in Visual Studio 2010, using my SVN build environment, with the ECE source dropped in, and with the Munt sources added. I copied the Munt sources from the src folder to the folder above it, and changed

I get these fatal errors:

midi_mt32.cpp
1>C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\DOSBoxW3-Source\munt-2.3.0\mt32emu\mt32emu.h(47): fatal error C1189: #error : Incompatible setting MT32EMU_API_TYPE=3
1> midi.cpp
1>C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\DOSBoxW3-Source\munt-2.3.0\mt32emu\mt32emu.h(47): fatal error C1189: #error : Incompatible setting MT32EMU_API_TYPE=3

and

1>  sdlmain.cpp
1>..\src\gui\sdlmain.cpp(508): error C3861: 'round': identifier not found
1>..\src\gui\sdlmain.cpp(510): error C3861: 'round': identifier not found

and

c:\users\edward\desktop\dosboxw3-source\src\gui\dosbox_splash.h(2882): fatal error C1091: compiler limit: string exceeds 65535 bytes in length

Am I missing something obvious??

EDIT: I was able to fix the splash error by importing bits and pieces of the SVN file. About the mt32emu.h error, there's a thread about it in the Munt forum, but I'm afraid I can't figure out what to do to make this work in Visual Studio. Also can't find anything about "round". Any advice will be welcome.

Reply 316 of 1550, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

error C3861
Probably the pixel perfect patch. Should work starting with VS2013 or mingw32 w/gcc or mingw-w64 w/gcc.

Really not much point in using VS2010.

VS2017 still supports XP SP3 if that's your concern. If it's $$ the community ver is free you'll just need to download the Windows SDK seperately. GUI is the same as usual.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 317 of 1550, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for that - I had no good reason to use VS2010 (my old properties file used it), so I switched to VS2015, and this time got these fatal errors:

C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\DOSBoxECE-Source\munt-2.3.0\mt32emu\mt32emu.h(47): fatal error C1189: #error:  Incompatible setting MT32EMU_API_TYPE=3

C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\DOSBoxECE-Source\munt-2.3.0\mt32emu\mt32emu.h(47): fatal error C1189: #error: Incompatible setting MT32EMU_API_TYPE=3

c:\users\edward\desktop\dosboxece-source\src\gui\sdlmain.cpp(836): error C4716: 'ssStartUpdate': must return a value

Probably I should try MinGW - I've built DOSBox SVN before - but if anyone has any advice on getting Munt into an MinGW setup, I'll be grateful. And if there's any way to fix those other errors in VS2015, I'll be glad to know it. (I can use VS2017 if necessary, but it's on a different machine...)

Reply 318 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Copying the source code isn't enough, you have to compile libraries for your environment! MUNT/MT32emu uses Cmake for creating compilable code, the easiest way under Windows is using Cmake GUI which is included in the download.

Reply 319 of 1550, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for that. For some reason, on my Windows 7 system with VS2015, the Cmake gui wants to use VS 2017, and I can't figure out how to make it work with VS 2015 without errors, so I'll boot to my Windows 10 system with VS2017 and try again. I'll try to solve this myself before coming back for more advice. Meanwhile, thank you for pointing me in the right direction...

EDIT: I did figure out how to use the dropdown menu to make it work with VS2015, but got errors, so the next message describes how far I got with VS2017...

Last edited by emendelson on 2018-01-30, 18:21. Edited 1 time in total.