VOGONS

DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 360 of 1550, by truemaster

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

im trying 2 games blood with 3dfx patch and tomb raider. both failed with cant find dll. about settings memory to 64mb also with more or less ram. output all options surfacepp-np opengl etc. voodoo settings all options like auto opengl etc. the build is the final.

Reply 361 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
truemaster wrote:

im trying 2 games blood with 3dfx patch and tomb raider. both failed with cant find dll. about settings memory to 64mb also with more or less ram. output all options surfacepp-np opengl etc. voodoo settings all options like auto opengl etc. the build is the final.

You seem to be missing the Voodoo driver file "GLIDE2X.OVL", you can get that here. Just copy it it your BLOOD directory and it should work. Keep in mind though that the 3dfx patch for Blood is an alpha version and has many bugs!

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 364 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
James-F wrote:

What is the difference between DosboxECE.exe and Dosbox.exe in the new ECE r4087?

DosBoxECE.exe shouldn't be in there, I just forgot to delete the binary, which was just a compiled experiment with more memory (up to 384MB).

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 365 of 1550, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cool! Maybe we could theoretically run Windows 95 with all that RAM available?

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 366 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
olddos25 wrote:

Cool! Maybe we could theoretically run Windows 95 with all that RAM available?

Theoretically, yes. I didn't try it myself yet, though. And I still believe you'd be better off using DOSBox-X or PCem, those are surely way more optimized for running Windows.

Reply 369 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Updated in DOSBox ECE r4088.2! 😀

Reply 371 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
telanus wrote:
Yesterplay80 wrote:

sadly no linux 🙁

Nope, sorry, still no Linux builds.

Update: But maybe, if one would look again... 😉

Reply 372 of 1550, by telanus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote:
telanus wrote:
Yesterplay80 wrote:

sadly no linux 🙁

Nope, sorry, still no Linux builds.

Update: But maybe, if one would look again... 😉

thanx

Reply 374 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Thraka wrote:

I haven't updated ECE for a while, it is my fav build though. 😀 Has any shader support been added yet? I miss the CRT look and feel.

No and it probably won't happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

Reply 376 of 1550, by tlk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Epsilon wrote:

Just noticed you've put out Linux builds and source again. And I wanted to come here and say thanks! Much appreciated! 😁

It was perfectly buildable on Linux after some (rather trivial) changes to a couple of src files. Still good to see some much-needed Linux love here.

Reply 377 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Epsilon wrote:

Just noticed you've put out Linux builds and source again. And I wanted to come here and say thanks! Much appreciated! 😁

You're welcome! 😁

tlk wrote:
Epsilon wrote:

It was perfectly buildable on Linux after some (rather trivial) changes to a couple of src files. Still good to see some much-needed Linux love here.

Which changes were required exactly? The binary was compiled Linux Mint (32 Bit), so the source code shouldn't require any more changes. Or are there differences between Linux distributions that require changes in the source?

Reply 378 of 1550, by tlk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote:
You're welcome! :-D […]
Show full quote
Epsilon wrote:

You're welcome! 😁

tlk wrote:
Epsilon wrote:

Which changes were required exactly? The binary was compiled Linux Mint (32 Bit), so the source code shouldn't require any more changes. Or are there differences between Linux distributions that require changes in the source?

He expressed joy that you've finally put out a Linux binary *and a Linux-specific source* - my comment referred to the time you didn't put out a special 'linux' source tree, yet one could relatively easily compile it on Linux anyway.