Rank Newbie
Rank

MSI 845G MAX w/Intel 845G Chipset
P4 1.6G
256MB DDR
ELSA 517 TV-OUT w/ 64MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
CREATIVE SB LIVE 5.1
WIN2K SP4

I can use DOSBOX 0.61 when i don't use full screen,but if i set it to use full screen.it will start and then enter the window.then a few second of black screen.Then exit automatically.no matter what I used default setting or my previouse setting before i update my Video card driver to "NVIDIA Display Driver Win2000 XP v61.72 with WHQL" and it worked with old driver.but i deleted the driver. The old driver was NVIDIA 43.34.Im not sure if it's the problem with the new driver or my setting.Plz help me as soon as possible

THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN AFTER I UPDATE MY DRIVER
Video mode (OpenGL,1024*768*32BIT)
Version of emulator: DOSBox, 0.61

I Already read the help.txt
I tried to use default setting to see if it can use full screen and close all other video feature,tried to lower my resolution of my screen to 800*600*32BIT,but still no use.it won't let me run in full screen mode.

good people good works

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

WHQL is the problem i think 😀

Did you get the drivers from the nvidia website ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also, NVidia has a nasty time removing old drivers even WHQL ones.
1) The best way to correct any graphical problems is to uninstall the NVidia Drivers completely from your system.
2) Download Driver Cleaner 3.
3) Restart in Safe Mode.
4) Then use Driver Cleaner 3 and clean any Nvidia driver parts leftover.
5) Then install the new 67.76 or 67.77 drivers (apparently not WHQL yet but supports DX 9.0c officially now.)

This may or may not fix your problem or it can be just as basic as hitting ALT+Enter as Qbix suggests. I'm not familiar with WIN2KSP4 but I know WinXPSP1.

You can find Driver Cleaner 3 easily by doing a google search.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 5 of 6, by COOLMAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

O guess pressing alt+enter is the only way so far,but i installed my driver after i format and reinstall my win2K.so there shouldn't be any old version driver in my system

good people good works