VOGONS

First post, by zorach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The attached patch corrects the joystick axis INT15 support. The position as stored is a float (-1.0,1.0) so simply casting it doesn't do much. Canonical values are 0-1A0 for a 250kOhm stick but it seems 100kOhm are more common so I chose 0-FF. Also handles case of having one joystick active but not the other; this adds another conditional but if you want speed you're not using the BIOS anyway...
(note that if a program is e.g. reprogramming timers out from under the BIOS and expects this to "break" the joystick support in some particular way this routine won't behave like a real PC...but that's a pathological case and not worth worrying about).

Attachments

• Filename
    int15joy.diff
    File size
    1.48 KiB
    Downloads
    222 downloads
    File comment
    Corrects BIOS joystick support via INT15
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@zorach: I *strongly* recommend you to submit your patches on sourceforge into patches section of DOSBOX. Here they can be easily overlooked...
Sourceforge patches section is regularly checked by QBIX. All patches are easily visible there, here they get lost among many other messages.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 2, by zorach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mirekluza wrote:

@zorach: I *strongly* recommend you to submit your patches on sourceforge into patches section of DOSBOX. Here they can be easily overlooked...

Thanks. I was wondering which was the preferred approach *goes looking for his sf password*