User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Oops... there is actually too many files. Delete:

directserial.cpp
directserial_win32.h
dserialwin32.h

The first one is a failed attempt to use a serial port library. The others are there because VC made me angry.
I will fix the zip.

Reply 24 of 29, by joe_pool_is

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hal9000:

Your files have #include "serialport.h", like the rest of the dosbox project. Your code is referring to your custom header file ..\src\serialport.h - the rest of the dosbox code still requires the include\serialport.h header. This is causing some compiler confusion.

I'd like to rename your file to something like src\serialport2.h (?), but I haven't been able to determine how many source files are looking for your version as opposed to the original header.

Could you offer some pointers as to which of your files need to be modified?

Wanted: Gasoline and matches.

Reply 26 of 29, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

@hal well you can pm me if you need information about a certain change. I designed the new configuration system, so I should be able to answer your questions

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 27 of 29, by joe_pool_is

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

@joe_pool_is: Move the one and only serialport.h from the zip to dosbox\include.

Ouch! Now I have 204 build errors (up considerably from the 6 I had earlier). How can I help with getting this serial port patch to working?

Wanted: Gasoline and matches.

Reply 29 of 29, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Re: Direct serial port working

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions